Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need opinions.

Article about: Hello, friends. Received the GAU Office Officer's Tunic. Would like to get opinions on this tunic. A bit of the swastika on the armband is sewn with a shift to the left, but in Jeff Clark's

?

Default NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need opinions.

Hello, friends.
    Received the GAU Office Officer's Tunic. Would like to get opinions on this tunic. A bit of the swastika on the armband is sewn with a shift to the left, but in Jeff Clark's book, there is a similar example with this defect. What do you think collar tabs, and pipeline?

Thank you.
    MigMig

NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need  opinions.

Last photo, cap pipeline.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need  opinions.
    P
    Many

Hi

I moved your thread to the Non-Combat Uniform sub-forum so it may get its proper exposure. It was in the Parteiabzeichen Forum.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

The individual parts are definitely original. Whether everything originally belonged together before 1945 is fundamentally uncertain when it comes to uniforms from Weitze. The collar piping is fine. There were always differences in color. At all levels. The light blue for the Ortsgruppe and the yellow for the Reich level are always slightly different as well. Especially since the piping on the visors is made of wool felt, a natural product, while the collar piping is made of cellon, a synthetic fiber. Therefore, color variations are completely normal and nothing to worry about.

Regards

The Sammler

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    The individual parts are definitely original. Whether everything originally belonged together before 1945 is fundamentally uncertain when it comes to uniforms from Weitze. The collar piping is fine. There were always differences in color. Especially since the piping on the visors is made of wool felt, a natural product, while the collar piping is made of cellon, a synthetic fiber. Therefore, color variations are completely normal and nothing to worry about.

Regards

The Sammler
    It's hard to tell when the armband and collar tabs are sewn on. I can't find any old stitches. The good news is that there are no claims to originality.

Yes, of course, the cap piping is made of a different material, I see that, and should not 100% match the color of the tunic piping. But it looks great together .

Here is additional photos

The collar tabs are sewn by hidden ways

The Ribbon KVK was of course sewn on after the war, the previous owner decorated it.

Regards
    Viktor

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Hi

I moved your thread to the Non-Combat Uniform sub-forum so it may get its proper exposure. It was in the Parteiabzeichen Forum.

Green
    Thank You.
    Sorry for my mistake.

To be honest, I could sew all of these pieces together like this. The collar piping is no problem at all if you can sew well by hand. I don't think the collar tabs were sewn on with a hidden seam, but rather glued on. The bright red thread you see is the thread used to sew the piping on the collar tabs. Using a hidden seam on a collar tab is extremely difficult and time-consuming, no one does that! Especially since the armband is not sewn on with a hidden seam, which is much easier to do than with the collar tabs. KVK Ribbon might be sewn on postwar. But it doesn't have to be.

I just took three photos of uniforms in my collection on which the often seen color differences in the piping can be clearly seen. The piping of the collar tabs and the respective collar piping are never completely identical in all three examples, which, as already mentioned, is completely normal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need  opinions.   NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need  opinions.  

?

I just took three photos of uniforms in my collection on which the often seen color differences in the piping can be clearly seen. The piping of the collar tabs and the respective collar piping are never completely identical in all three examples, which, as already mentioned, is completely normal.
    Yes, the tabs can be glued. If you look at Borman's photo, you can see that the tabs do not fit tightly to the collar. And the color of the pipeline, I have such a tunic, is also a difference in color collar and tabs, like your tunics. I'm calm here. About the Ribbon KVK, I don't care. It doesn't matter when the ribbon is sewn on. There is no name on the tunic, nothing can be verified. But I don't really believe in things with a name. It is important that everything is original. The price, yes, I paid a lot for the tunic, but I need it.

Collar Tabs were often glued on, I do have a lot of Collar Tabs in my collection that show glue residue on the back. As for the Collar Tabs for Reichsleiter, the piping was different than on the Collar Tabs of all other ranks of the PL. The Collar Tabs for Reichsleiter did not have the usual cellon piping, but rather a twisted, gold-colored cord made of cellon or gold-plated metal thread. So this is the reason why the Pipings look different on Bormanns Tunic. The Reichsleiters also had their own visors, with piping made of gold-plated metal thread, not the usual yellow piping made of wool felt. (Pics show 1938 pattern and 1939 pattern Reichsleiter Collar Tabs)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need  opinions.   NSDAP Dienstrock für GAU. Need  opinions.  

?

Collar Tabs were often glued on, I do have a lot of Collar Tabs in my collection that show glue residue on the back. As for the Collar Tabs for Reichsleiter, the piping was different than on the Collar Tabs of all other ranks of the PL. The Collar Tabs for Reichsleiter did not have the usual cellon piping, but rather a twisted, gold-colored cord made of cellon or gold-plated metal thread. So this is the reason why the Pipings look different on Bormanns Tunic. The Reichsleiters also had their own visors, with piping made of gold-plated metal thread, not the usual yellow piping made of wool felt. (Pics show 1938 pattern and 1939 pattern Reichsleiter Collar Tabs)
    Very nice tabs. There are great photos in my book, you showed them. But I have not studied the GAU and Reichsleiter tabs in detail, because I am not sure that I will ever acquire them. My tunic, I can't say that the tabs and armband were sewn on before 1945 or after. But it is surprising to me that the headbands, the white disc, are made of simple material, while the old-style woolen ones have a silk disc. As I am understanding, in Reich was problems with materials. A silk is much expensive than cotton : ) Apparently I need to buy another book about PL clothes. Jeff Clark's book is very good, but there is little text and no detailed study.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast