Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP / SA Flag Bearer Gorget Assmann

Article about: Hi friends, so I've been browsing SA/NSDAP flag bearer gorgets for the collection, and I've found one with Assmann RZM code M5/8 on the gorget tabs, but with an Assmann chain RZM marked M1/1

Default NSDAP / SA Flag Bearer Gorget Assmann

Hi friends, so I've been browsing SA/NSDAP flag bearer gorgets for the collection, and I've found one with Assmann RZM code M5/8 on the gorget tabs, but with an Assmann chain RZM marked M1/17. Now I believe these are both codes for E W. Assmann & Söhne, Lüdenscheid, but some digging shows that the M5 code was for "Uniform Accessories"... my question is, would this chain and gorget be correct together?

I'll post pictures momentarily, but I am most curious about the RZM codes on these being, conceivably at least, correctly paired. Perhaps someone has seen these paired before?

A million thanks, as always.

-DF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP / SA Flag Bearer Gorget Assmann
    P
    Many

Hi DF ...I have seen these Gorgets with the RZM 102 marking on the chain
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't recall seen M5 code on the gorget chain. Do you have a photos of it? Chain and gorget should have the same code to be matching pair
    -TJ-

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi DF ...I have seen these Gorgets with the RZM 102 marking on the chain
    Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I don't recall seen M5 code on the gorget chain. Do you have a photos of it? Chain and gorget should have the same code to be matching pair
    Hi, Larry & TJ. No, unfortunately I didn't grab any pics of this one. There is, however, another like it I've found that I'd like to show to the forum. I'll start a separate thread for it shortly.
    Another question though, and perhaps you or another knows the answer as I haven't been able to find the conclusive information, but would any SA personnel have worn this style gorget, 1939 or afterwards? I've seen it called an "NSDAP/SA" gorget, but I don't recall seeing one worn by the Sturmabteilung specifically, but rather only flag bearers at political functions. Thanks again.

SA would not wear PL gorget, so it is called wrong by somebody. SA had own style and they use it still after 1939.

I have a copies of Organisationsbuch der NSDAP 1940, -43 and we can see SA gorget picturet there:

NSDAP / SA Flag Bearer Gorget Assmann NSDAP / SA Flag Bearer Gorget Assmann
    -TJ-

Great information, thank you TJ! I think, maybe, some had seen a few not-so-clear photos of the Feldherrnhalle gorget being worn and had mistaken it for the NSDAP Flag Bearer's gorget due to the similar shape. Thanks again!

Hello i am not an expert on this gorgets, but i like them and always look for them, and from what i been reading at and understand is that, Assman
    had different code on chain and gorget see link to WAF and i will also post some info they shared there and pictures.

i also think they where the only one who used brown felt backing instead of the more common green felt you see on other makers.

here are info and link from WAF

"Assmann chain and gorget. The Assmann made examples have different codes for the chains and gorget bodies but they are both Assmann"

"The chain is marked M1/17 which is Assmann's mark, and the Gorget is marked M5/8 which is also Assmann's number, so in a sense really matching"

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Cheers!

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    ...maybe, some had seen a few not-so-clear photos of the Feldherrnhalle gorget being worn and had mistaken it for the NSDAP Flag Bearer's gorget due to the similar shape. Thanks again!
    It really might be, here we have good photo where you don't see so well the eagle

- - ------- - -

Thank you Agitatorn from the link and photos. It is interesting to see that and it seems Assman did it like that. All others what I had seen has an M1 code on the chain and gorget
    -TJ-

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Hello i am not an expert on this gorgets, but i like them and always look for them, and from what i been reading at and understand is that, Assman
    had different code on chain and gorget see link to WAF and i will also post some info they shared there and pictures.

i also think they where the only one who used brown felt backing instead of the more common green felt you see on other makers.

here are info and link from WAF

"Assmann chain and gorget. The Assmann made examples have different codes for the chains and gorget bodies but they are both Assmann"

"The chain is marked M1/17 which is Assmann's mark, and the Gorget is marked M5/8 which is also Assmann's number, so in a sense really matching"

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Cheers!
    Yes - this is the exact combination I had seen, including the brown-colored felt. Good find - it seems that this combination does exist.

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    It really might be, here we have good photo where you don't see so well the eagle

- - ------- - -

Thank you Agitatorn from the link and photos. It is interesting to see that and it seems Assman did it like that. All others what I had seen has an M1 code on the chain and gorget
    This could easily be mistaken for the NSDAP gorget - great photo, too.

Thanks, gents!!

it sure does please post pic if you snagg it!