Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin

Article about: I picked up a few small pins to placate myself until I can afford another big ticket item. The first is a National Solidarity pin that almost looks new, like it was just made yesterday. It i

?

Default NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin

I picked up a few small pins to placate myself until I can afford another big ticket item.

NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pinNSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin

The first is a National Solidarity pin that almost looks new, like it was just made yesterday. It is similar in material, construction and overall new appearance as an NSDAP stickpin by Carl Wild of Hamburg that I have in my collection. They both feature a lightweight (aluminum ?) material, thin enamel that almost resembles paint and a crimped pin plate.

NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pinNSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin

The other item is a an early NSDAP Swastika stickpin. I realize that these are near impossible to verify as TR origins with certainty, as the symbol was used by many countries including the U.S. and the U.K. prior to being co-opted by the Nazi party. Nonetheless it fits nicely into my stickpin collection as an early 1920's or 1930's piece symbolic of that era. Here it alongside a few more of these types of pins. The latest one is the only example I have with a straight pin and not a knurled pin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin
    P
    Many

Very nice collection Aldo,
    I remember having one of this e National solidarity pins 20 or so years ago and like yours it looked brand new.
    The red enamel was more like nail varnish and softened when I put it near some acetone so I assumed it was a modern reproduction.

In respect of the swastika badges being British, I think most of the ones that I have had in the past always have the static swastika. It was only when the TR adopted the Mobile example that the swastika fell out of favour.

I like the red enamelled example that you show in your 6th picture.

All the best
    Doug

?

Doug, thanks for the insight on the swastika pins. Can I infer that the mobile swastikas stand more of a chance of being TR than the static versions ? As for the solidarity badge, I believe they are correct but who knows for sure. The aluminum badges have a lower melting point that would be required for a true glass enamel and were probably finished with an enamel paint or similar treatment. I'll defer to anyone with more expertise on these types of badges.
    Cheers, Al

I would say that the mobile swastikas are considered at least IMO to be Third Reich items Al. Particularly the pins that you have.

Of all the gold and silver necklaces and brooches that I have had all seemed to be with a static swastika except for the ones that had the ring soldered on to a corner of one of the arms which then gave it the mobile look.

Here is an old National savings badge with the static swastika...There are more scouting examples that also have the static fylfot

NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pinNSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin.

Cheers
    Doug

?

I too have got drawn in to collecting T.R. stick pins and enamel badges, I think, maybe many collectors of these are out there. The prices that these small pieces command, can be eye watering - my collection so far
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin   NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin  

?

Great collection, they are quite addictive once you get started. I see you also have one of those Carl Wild aluminum flag pins with the thin enamel painting. I also like that Deutsche Christen, Reichsbewgung. That must have set you back a few bucks.

Here is a link to my stickpin thread in case you are interested in more detail: Stick Pin Collection

Cheers, Al

?

I picked up another small early supporter badge in the form of a pin-back. It is similar to the stickpin version I also have in my collection. Both have beautiful enamel work

?

Neatly laid out collection you have there Aldo. My interest in collecting really took off after buying Hüsken's Catalogue of Badges from German Organisations 1871 - 1945, published 2010 with colour pictures, up till then the most military badges were known, but the civilian pieces were for the most part a mystery and there were lots of them about. Giving Hüskens credit, he's categorized a very great number (one or two mistakes ) and his prices are all at sea - mostly too high, but you've something to work with.
    Here's two BNSDJ stick pins I bought last month from my collectors club €300 - Hüsken's catalogue price €900. Jurist pins left one - membership, right - honorary for special services
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin   NSDAP Supporter's and National Solidarity pin  

?

Excellent pins, I have yet to add one to my collection. I too bought Hüsken's Catalogue as I started collecting these pins. It is a fairly comprehensive book with a few mistakes and a few known fakes but for the most part an invaluable tool for the collector.

?

I added another early supporter flag pin like the type depicted in the Husken book. It appears to be a painted celluloid insert, no actual enamel work and a short straight pin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast