Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN A genuine tunic with a rare combination of piping and insignia. The collar tabs are the third pattern while the piping for Kreisleitung is the 1939 pattern white piping which

?

Default NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?

Hi Everyone,
    I've been offered this NSDAP Tunic, the seller is usually a reliable source.However when it comes to uniforms I'm at a complete loss. Spent the past couple of hours trawling through the internet looking at a number of NSDAP tunics, found tunics with the same cut but material has a lighter tan colour or the colour is right but the tunic cut different. I hope the uniform experts here, can help me. Could they tell me if its original and which style it is - believe there were four styles. To describe the tunic - 4 pocket, 4 button (front buttons are missing) 2 large reverse buttons have the makers name Assman, remaining 4 small front buttons have "extra fein" stamped on them. The tunic condition is good, no holes on the outside or inside, lining complete, no labels on the inside or names written. If you need more / better pictures just ask. Any information is welcome.
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?   NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?  

NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?   NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?  

NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Tunic - Authentic ?

If the tunic is period, I would consider it to possibly be an early SA tunic. The color is too dark to be political leader. In my opinion, these type of stripped tunics are not the best place to put one's money.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Alec, I am not liking this one, appears to dark , no tags.... I dont think that is correct for this type tunic. Anyone else??? Also appears brand new! No loops, Looks as if nothing was ever sewn on.

Joe

Hi ,

The form looks like a Politisch leiter tunic.
    Regards.
    Carfin.

if you can pick up this tunic for a song,it may well be worth trying to acquire the correct insignia for it,...

?

Hi Bob, Joe, Carfin, MM,
    Thanks for the posts, I agree with some of points you all raised, the tunic is too dark for NSDAP tunic and appears new without loops or never having patches sown on it, when I find out what it is, I do hope to put genuine correct insignia on it. I did run a black light over the uniform - it didn't glow.
    Last Saturday evening was the monthly meeting of the local military collectors - took the tunic with me, surprisingly the reactions weren't negative, no-one said it was not period, one suggestion was NSKK tunic, other collectors didn't know. I followed up the NSKK suggestion, he may be not far wrong, did find one on the internet, same colour, same tailoring cut, the one difference was the lining was sparser not full lined like mine. Another suggestion was take the tunic to the Reichertshofen Military Fair next week and ask one of the heavy-weight German dealers Weitze, Dick,etc for their opinion. I hope to do this, hopefully I can catch one of them at a quiet moment.
    Regards

NSKK tunics are the same color as SA tunics.
    BOB

?

Hello Everyone,
    Yesterday I visited the Military fair at Reichertshofen, its the biggest one in South Germany. I took the tunic with me, asked two well-known German heavyweight, professional dealers separately - Helmut Weitze & Michael Dick, what the tunic was. It seems Carfin you were right on the button, Weitze said early Politische Leiter Jacke about 1933 /34 from N.S.P.O. Dick said early Politische Leiter Jacke although the colour was darker than normal. Both agreed on the authenticity of the piece.
    Regards

Good day everyone, I'm considering purchasing the NSDAP tunic available at the link below but I would really appreciate your opinions and observations.

13863-N.S.D.A.P KREIS LEVEL POLITICAL LEADERS TUNIC

The green thread around the button holes bother me somewhat but I've been assured by others with considerable knowledge that they have seen such before.

What say you friends?

Should I or shouldn't I?

A genuine tunic with a rare combination of piping and insignia. The collar tabs are the third pattern while the piping for Kreisleitung is the 1939 pattern white piping which is associated with the 4th pattern insignia. This is an interesting transitional combination of piping and insignia which I have seen only a couple of times prior to this tunic. The source of this tunic is also a reliable individual.
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast