Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP uniform maker

Article about: Hey everyone, This is my first posting and I would like assistance identifying the maker of one of my uniforms in my collection. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

canuck
    ?

Default NSDAP uniform maker

Hey everyone,

This is my first posting and I would like assistance identifying the maker of one of my uniforms in my collection. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CanuckNSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

NSDAP uniform maker

2. # ADS

hauptmeister
    ?

Default Re: NSDAP uniform maker

All I can say is that the tailor tag is in Italian... Could it be an italian-tailored NSDAP Summer tunic? Not impossible considering that Italian tailors were seen as Europe's best (they still are). The Italian fascist State was probably more than willing to support such collaborations. I could not say more.

The NSDAP had a not inconsiderable official presence in Roma, which was plain in the official visits of various high Nazi potentates there within the Rome-Berlin Axis and the Drei Maechte Pakt. The forgoing statement makes no assessment on this particular uniform. You should seek the informed and wise advice of Bob Coleman and Jeff Clark, who are the recognized experts on the uniforms of said organization.

The uniform is possibly correct. However, I do entertain doubts. Except for the buttons, we have nothing I can see from the photographs that this is a NSDAP white uniform. The photos do not show the pants in detail. They appear to be breeches. To the best of my knowledge, only white trousers were authorized for wear with the white tunic. In all other cases, brown riding breeches were worn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The UNIONE MILITARE was a Comercial Company described as "Cooperativa di consumo e di credito per azioni A.R.L. costituita con atto del 22 dicembre 1889". It was one of the most famous provider of Uniforms for officers (I am not sure if it was also serving NCO) which could buy and rating back the money. After the IIWW it least its activity till the '80, when it definetly closed.

Its main site was in Roma, Via Del Corso. It has also several agencies in the main italian cities were military personnel was present.

Thanks for the above. While my Italian is deficient, I take from the above that this firm was also a Kleiderkasse in the same sense as the German institution, i.e. a means for an inexpensive kit without the perennial trap of credit for Italian uniformed organizations. Did such a firm equip the political formations of Fascist Italy? One imagines that such an organization would not necessarily have sold to foreign nationals on station in Roma? On the other hand, I note that the Offiziersverein Armee/Marinehaus in Berlin proudly proclaimed in their adverts that they sold to everyone----"Verkauf an Jedermann"
    Questions within riddles within enigmas, to paraphrase famous men.

hauptmeister
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The NSDAP had a not inconsiderable official presence in Roma, which was plain in the official visits of various high Nazi potentates there within the Rome-Berlin Axis and the Drei Maechte Pakt. The forgoing statement makes no assessment on this particular uniform. You should seek the informed and wise advice of Bob Coleman and Jeff Clark, who are the recognized experts on the uniforms of said organization.
    You're right Friedrich-Berthold. I simply meant that any wealthy NSDAP official could afford to order a custom made uniform from an Italian uniform maker. My comment was that the natural sympathy between the two regimes surely made such (private) orders possible. And then again, the increasing mutual official visits between fascists and nazis could explain that one German official (even if only a member of a delegation) maybe fancied the idea of ordering an Italian made uniform. All we can say right now is that uniform bears an Italian tailor tag... and NSDAP buttons...

You are right. To buy uniforms at UN was not a problem because finally was a private company which prepare tailored uniforms for anyone can afford the expenses. It took an agreement with the Ministry of Defence (at that time MINISTERO DELLA GUERRA) to help the rated pajments by the officers. I supposed that the german owner of that uniform paied cash...!!!!