Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Eagle ?????

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Im looking for a little advice on this NSKK eagle I have. First of all is it a legit piece? It’s obviously unfinished and appears to be made out of brass? I was told it is

Default NSKK Eagle ?????

Hello gentlemen.
    Im looking for a little advice on this NSKK eagle I have. First of all is it a legit piece? It’s obviously unfinished and appears to be made out of brass? I was told it is for a motorbike helmet but it seems a little heavy for that and I believe those badges were die-stamped in aluminium where as mine has been cast ( correct me if I’m wrong). I personally like it and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to tidy it up a little or leave it as it is? It would look great if all the manufacturing flaws were removed but then again it is an interesting piece as it is, that is if it’s an original of course! To my eye it looks to be very well made but I just don’t know. The photos I have aren’t the greatest so my apologies for that. What do you guys think of it and if it is legit, what do you think it’s for?NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????NSKK Eagle ?????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Eagle ?????
    P
    Many

IMO, if it's cast, it's most likely a fake.
    Any dimensions?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm sorry this is not a original piece..
    And definitely not for a crash helmet..
    Looks more like a Eastern reproduction eagle to me..

Yeah, in my heart I think I knew it wasn’t an original but with it being quite well made I think I had a little hope that it might be. The fittings seemed really good. I don’t have it to hand at the moment but if you still want dimensions I’ll probably put them up tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Yeah I didn’t think it was for a helmet due to its weight. If it was an original what could it have been used for? What I mean is what we’re they reproducing it for? Could it have been used on a gorget or anything like that? To my eye the fixtures for where the prongs go are really well made.

I managed to get my ass out of bed for the dimensions! From wing tip to wing tip it’s 17.5 cms and top to bottom it’s 9 cms Weight is 128.1 grams. Also here’s a photo of it in hand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Eagle ?????   NSKK Eagle ?????  

Hello again gentlemen.
    Could anyone tell me what this reproduction eagle is trying to copy? Is it copied from a motorcycle helmet badge or was it copied from something else? Also, am I right in thinking that the little piece on the end of the wing tip is an indication that this piece was cast? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

?

Quote by BILLYHUNT View Post
    Hello again gentlemen.
    Could anyone tell me what this reproduction eagle is trying to copy? Is it copied from a motorcycle helmet badge or was it copied from something else? Also, am I right in thinking that the little piece on the end of the wing tip is an indication that this piece was cast? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, believe it was casted and reproduced from a 2nd model Eagle from a NSKK leather crash helmet.

NSKK Eagle ?????
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

[QUOTE=Rossi;2194936]Yes, believe it was casted and reproduced from a 2nd model Eagle from a NSKK leather crash helmet.

NSKK Eagle ?????

NSKK Eagle ?????
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thank you for the reply and the photos my friend. Very much appreciated. Lovely badge by the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast