Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

OMG!!! Auschwitz camp sign stolen

Article about: BBC News - Auschwitz death camp sign stolen How much will this go on the black market!!!!!!!??????????? Dan

Default Re: OMG!!! Auschwitz camp sign stolen

Well, we are entitled to our view on things. We are also entitled to free speech in a democratic society.

However, what Howard doesn't appear to have grasped is the offensiveness of his opinions and assertion that it has become a 'holiday destination'. This is very far from the truth and it is a sad reflection of todays society that someone can even think that we could all participate in this kind of action given the right 'incentive'. Of course we couldn't and WOULDN'T......history has taught us what can happen which will ensure it never happens again.

We live in a free society as I said above......however, this forum isn't covered by normal laws and this kind of view is not expected, warranted, condone or accepted. I do hope Howard never posts here again.

Steve T

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OMG!!! Auschwitz camp sign stolen
    P
    Many

Breaking news. The sign has been recovered. 5 men have been arrested in northern Poland who are suspected of the theft. The sign was cut into 3 sections.

I am sure the law will deal with them appropriately.

rgds, Ty

great to hear these despicable culprits have been apprehended,,now lets let the Judicial system deal with these scalywags,,,i hope they get the full measure of punishment that they so richly deserve,,,kudos to the polce/detectives who busted these scoundrels,,,i hope they receive some sort of offfical acknowledgment and praise in their quick-handling of this sordid affair,,,Robert

I was very excited to hear that they recovered the sign
    its a pity that it has been cut up but its back in the right hands and for the ones who did it well .........they deserve a lot worse...... there is no excuse for that kind of treachery

Zable
    ?

The sign had been cut into three pieces, one for each word.
    Organised then.

"The camp entrance, from where the sign was stolen, was being monitored by just one camera, an old model. Moreover the snow meant the image was blurred."
    Good one!

I hope this one comes right back on the assholes who came up with the plan in the first place.. Impending doom.

Excellent news!!!

Let's hope these animals are severly punished!

It's sad to hear the sign has been cut up, but thankfully this can be fixed! Hopefully the camp will now step up security at Auschwitz.

I agree, i am sure they will make the proper security measures so that this will not happen again or to any other part of camp that may be burglarized.

rgds, Ty

Hurra...for the polish police
    never thought they would recover the original sign
    Hope the 5 guys get what they deserve
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I wonder, why the thieves did not immediately replace the original sign by a repro. Nobody would have recognized the theft then until next restoration period.

They do not seem to be very organized and obviously did not have a concrete buyer for it. Otherwise the sign would have found the way to the client's collection the same night, I suppose.

This case shows us the state of morality in our present days - nothing is sacred any more....

I hope, this does not have the effect of a witch-hunt on us honest and responsible collectors. Most of us do not even want a bullet-interleaved helmet from a soldier's grave in the collection, as we are no ghouls (I hope to be right on that, am I ?!?).

Quote by eurocentric View Post
    I wonder, why the thieves did not immediately replace the original sign by a repro. Nobody would have recognized the theft then until next restoration period
    They obviously didnt plan it as well as you I will have to warn them next time you jump on a plane to Poland with "Ski's" in your luggage
    Dan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast