Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions Please! NSFK Badge

Article about: Hi guys, New Member! I would like opinions on this Badge, what do you think?

?

Default Opinions Please! NSFK Badge

Hi guys, New Member! I would like opinions on this Badge, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Please! NSFK Badge   Opinions Please! NSFK Badge  

Opinions Please! NSFK Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions Please! NSFK Badge
    P
    Many

Moved to the Non-Combat Uniforms and Insignia section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, this is a fantasy item. Never seen one before.
    The head appears to be far too detailed, and looks like it has been re-attached off center.
    There is no detail to the arms either.
    Here is a lapel pin from the NSFK to compare some of the details. On here, you can even see the fingers.
    Ralph.

Opinions Please! NSFK BadgeOpinions Please! NSFK Badge
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, this is a fantasy item. Never seen one before.
    The head appears to be far too detailed, and looks like it has been re-attached off center.
    There is no detail to the arms either.
    Here is a lapel pin from the NSFK to compare some of the details. On here, you can even see the fingers.
    Ralph.

Opinions Please! NSFK BadgeOpinions Please! NSFK Badge
    I agree with Ralph, a bad fake although not a fantasy award since they existed known as the NSFK Powered Aircraft Badge this one being the 3rd model. This is an EXTREMELY rare badge.

?

Default "too much Detail"????

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome. I am a bit confused because I have never seen someone complain about a badge being "Too Detailed". I am a sort of novice to most of this stuff, but I have lurked and read a lot on various forums. A little more detail would be nice as to your opinions. Maybe if someone could even PM me or something in order to foil the fakers.

Many thanks,

Lew

Quote by SAMann View Post
    I am a bit confused because I have never seen someone complain about a badge being "Too Detailed".
    This comment needs to be taken in context, it needs to be compared to other originals.
    Ralph.

?

If you compare your specimen to a known original the details become obvious..
    Phot credit: Big Ned
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Please! NSFK Badge   Opinions Please! NSFK Badge  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Side by side.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions Please! NSFK Badge  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Gwar, I see what you mean and I agree! Strange, The details on the one I have
    ARE much better than the Original. Right down to the cut out Swastika and Eagles head. Mine also appears to be a Strike rather than cast. Odd??

Many thanks for the clarification.

Lew

?

I have just found a very interesting post on this badge. it appears that this is an example of one made by Rudolf Souval very early Post War. I think this would explain a lot. The post and Photo can be found here on Chris Ailsby's site. "https://ailsby-collection.blogspot.com/2012/04/nsfk-badge-for-powered-aircraft-pilots_9238.html"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast