Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic

Article about: Hi Guys, I want to show you a beautiful Ordensburg Vogelsang tunic of a 'Hauptlehrer' (or Senior Instructor). It is a 1939 pattern tunic with an Ordensburg visor (note the typical vent holes

Default Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic

Hi Guys,

I want to show you a beautiful Ordensburg Vogelsang tunic of a 'Hauptlehrer' (or Senior Instructor). It is a 1939 pattern tunic with an Ordensburg visor (note the typical vent holes and lemon piping), 1939 Leather Belt with matching shoulder strap, both are from the same Maker. I hope you'll enjoy it. All opinions and comments are - as always - very welcome!

Regards,

The Sammler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic   Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic  

Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic   Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic  

Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic  
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-13-2023 at 07:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Hi Sammler, another great setup. Should you have the time, can we see a close up of the cuff title? I am very curious.

?

Nice grouping

Is it the picture or the color seem to be pale grey ?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Hi Sammler, another great setup. Should you have the time, can we see a close up of the cuff title? I am very curious.
    I'll make closeups later. You need to patient.

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Nice grouping

Is it the picture or the color seem to be pale grey ?
    No, it's a darker brown, just as pictured in the NSDAP organization book. It looks a bit greyish due to the artificial flash light.

Truly magnificent! One of the PL tunics what I would like to have in my collection.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Truly magnificent! One of the PL tunics what I would like to have in my collection.
    Thank you, TJ! I like to believe you! I also had to be patient for many years until I was able to find this tunic. I really wanted a higher rank of Political Leader of the Ordensburgen, not just a student. Of course, they are very hard to find and as you know, this is a very high rank. Incidentally, only two ranks below that of the 'Burgkommandant' (castle commander)! In my opinion, an Ordensburg PL tunic belongs in any PL uniform collection.

Sammler,,,

Great uniform.

I trained at the former Vogelsang school location in the 80's when I was with the Berlin Brigade. It was a training base for US/Allied Soldiers. At the entrance to the camp/base were several Eagles and other TR era emblems and equipment. (Flak 88) The sports field also had several TR era statues and emblems and the large windows had eagles minus the swastikas. Interesting to think that 40 years after WW2 I would be training in the same place that was a NSDAP school.

I have some photos somewhere of Vogelsang that I will have to post..

Smitty

Default Closeups of the Cuff Title

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Good things take time... Here are several close-ups of the Cuff Title. Some with flash, some without. I hope you like them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic   Ordensburg Vogelsang Tunic  

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Sammler,,,

Great uniform.

I trained at the former Vogelsang school location in the 80's when I was with the Berlin Brigade. It was a training base for US/Allied Soldiers. At the entrance to the camp/base were several Eagles and other TR era emblems and equipment. (Flak 88) The sports field also had several TR era statues and emblems and the large windows had eagles minus the swastikas. Interesting to think that 40 years after WW2 I would be training in the same place that was a NSDAP school.

I have some photos somewhere of Vogelsang that I will have to post..

Smitty
    Very interesting story, Smitty! I do only know the Ordensburg Vogelsang from photos on the internet and from a few books that I have bought and read about Ordensburgen in general.

But it must be an impressive facility, although it must have been much more impressive before 1945. What I know from books, it should be expanded considerably, including a huge central building and numerous gigantic outbuildings. A huge sports stadium was also supposed to be built there. I would also like to visit it, off course only in my Ordensburg tunic - but I'm afraid the German cops would find that less funny ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast