Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Orts level collar tab

Article about: I saw this interesting collar tab and I need little help here. I'm not so sure what it is. I would think it is a party court "Parteigerichte" collar tab, but was there Orts level p

Default Orts level collar tab

I saw this interesting collar tab and I need little help here.

I'm not so sure what it is. I would think it is a party court "Parteigerichte" collar tab, but was there Orts level party court?

I appreciate all information and help, thanks.

Orts level collar tab Orts level collar tab
    -TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orts level collar tab
    P
    Many

Good question! It's an authentic piece I'm sure of, as the material is consistent and the buckram is typical of pre 1939 collar tabs. To my knowledge there were no Ortsgericht and if the blue of the velvet cloth wasn't so bright I would say a retired Ortsgruppenleiter. Very tricky thing!

Thanks Sammler.

Retired Ortsgruppenleiter was also my second thought.

On the top of the tab, it looks like darker blue, but behind it is bright blue. It would be nice to get this tab to hand inspection, I'm sure the color looks little bit different than in the photos. But unfortunately I didn't snap this one.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Thanks Sammler.

Retired Ortsgruppenleiter was also my second thought.

On the top of the tab, it looks like darker blue, but behind it is bright blue. It would be nice to get this tab to hand inspection, I'm sure the color looks little bit different than in the photos. But unfortunately I didn't snap this one.
    I've done some research in the meantime and it seems there were local NSDAP courts. But they had different collar tabs (see link). These pieces are really curious, the piping seems to be the same color as the velvet. Of course it can appear brighter, e.g. because of the flash, but it's definetly weird.

Kreis und Ortsgericht Party Court Collar Tabs

Interesting!

Yes, piping is the same color as the velvet. And from Jeff Clark tab it looks like front of the tabs are more darker than a backside, like tab on the question.

Orts level collar tab Orts level collar tab
    -TJ-

Maybe just a little lighter velvet was used than usual. Something like that happened. Rarely, but it happened. Sometimes you can find e.g. 1939 pattern Kreis-level tabs with light brown velvet instead of dark brown. I own such a pair too. Apparently they didn't have a dark brown velvet cloth available or it was a mistake. So I think it's possible in your case that the "wrong color" was simply used for the velvet cloth. For whatever reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Orts level collar tab  

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Maybe just a little lighter velvet was used than usual. Something like that happened. Rarely, but it happened. Sometimes you can find e.g. 1939 pattern Kreis-level tabs with light brown velvet instead of dark brown. I own such a pair too. Apparently they didn't have a dark brown velvet cloth available or it was a mistake. So I think it's possible in your case that the "wrong color" was simply used for the velvet cloth. For whatever reason.
    I start think it must be like this.
    Interesting tab in all way.
    -TJ-

I start think it must be like this.
    Interesting tab in all way.
    That's for sure, definetly.

And thank you Sammler for your input!
    -TJ-

And thank you Sammler for your input!
    You're welcome, as always! Thank you for this thread, these collar tabs are also very interesting for me because you can always learn something new!