Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please

Article about: I acquired this Ostvolk Breast Medal in a job lot I bought a few years ago. With Swords. I understand from reading posts on here that this was for bravery. I also noticed tgere were differen

Default Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please

I acquired this Ostvolk Breast Medal in a job lot I bought a few years ago.
    With Swords.
    I understand from reading posts on here that this was for bravery. I also noticed there were different classes/Types of this medal.
    It has a broad pin and what appears to be the original Hook. There are traces of a Gold wash still visible on it.
    No makers mark.
    Is it genuine please?

Any other info you can give would be much appreciated.
    TY
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please   Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please  

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please   Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please  

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please
    P
    Many

Hi Kev, it is a good original.

Yours is the Gold 1st class with Swords. Here is the list of this type of award:

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern - Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Gold with Swords.

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold - Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Gold.

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern - Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver with Swords.

Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Silber - Ostvolk Medal 1st Class in Silver.

Ostvolkmedaille 2er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern - Ostvolk Medal 2nd Class in Gold with Swords.

Ostvolkmedaille 2er Klasse in Gold - Ostvolk Medal 2nd Class in Gold.

Ostvolkmedaille 2er Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern - Ostvolk Medal 2nd Class in Silver with Swords.

Ostvolkmedaille 2er Klasse in Silber - Ostvolk Medal 2nd Class in Silver.

Ostvolkmedaille 2er Klasse in Bronze mit Schwertern - Ostvolk Medal 2nd Class in Bronze with Swords.

Ostvolkmedaille 2er Klasse in Bronze - Ostvolk Medal 2nd Class in Bronze.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Many thanks for the great info Ade.
    It’s been lying around in a box for a couple of years now as, my main interest is British and Commonwealth.

?

As Ade says, an original award. This is the third type most likely made by Rudolf Wächtler & Lange with a variant catch.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you

Hello,

thanks for posting and evaluating the pics of this rare badge.

I own the Tapferkeitsauszeichnung für Ostvölker 2.Klasse in Silber mit Schwertern and also the Tapferkeitsauszeichnung für Ostvölker 2.Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern. I hope that my items are original as well because there are many 1957 variants with natural signs of age in circulation from different manufacturers which look similar for non-experts.

Best regards

Christian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please   Ostvolkmedaille 1er Klasse in Gold mit Schwertern Info please