Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

plastic/bakelite badges ID needed

Article about: They seem authentic, and the manufacturers name on the back does coincide with a badge manufacturer of that era. What are they, and who would have these?

?

Default plastic/bakelite badges ID needed

They seem authentic, and the manufacturers name on the back does coincide with a badge manufacturer of that era. What are they, and who would have these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture plastic/bakelite badges ID needed   plastic/bakelite badges ID needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement plastic/bakelite badges ID needed
    P
    Many

They are zinc.

Known to collectors as "tinnies".

They were fund raising badges sold to commemorate May Day.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A day badge existed for every May Day event, as well as party rallies, and many other important occasions. Many of these are cheap, and are consequently very popular with collectors. Others demand far higher prices, the 1933 Nuremberg badge being one of the most desirable.

A few badges from my own collection, including examples of the two you have shown (albeit in far worse condition than yours!)

plastic/bakelite badges ID neededplastic/bakelite badges ID needed

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks for that info, Brodie ! Like I mentioned on another post, I had a friend send me an envelope full of medals and badges this week and I'm trying to find out what some of them actually are. Another item that was included is this cross, which I notice you have one too. I received around 20 different items, and so far all seem to be authentic. The only item that's questionable is the eagle patch. Someone had mentioned something wasn't correct, but all these items came from older people that actually got these during that period. I just don't understand how a reproduced item could have found it's way in there. I've included a picture of the eagle. Maybe you can shed some light on it.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture plastic/bakelite badges ID needed   plastic/bakelite badges ID needed  

plastic/bakelite badges ID needed