Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-War FAD armband? - First I have seen...

Article about: This appears to be a very early, pre-war pre-RAD, armband. I have seen early party armbands with similar construction but and not experienced with them enough for authenticity. Not much come

Default Pre-War FAD armband? - First I have seen...

This appears to be a very early, pre-war pre-RAD, armband. I have seen early party armbands with similar construction but and not experienced with them enough for authenticity. Not much comes up for FAD armbands when I do a search either.

Opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre-War FAD armband? - First I have seen...
    P
    Many

Sorry, but I don't like that at all. The armband itself looks like SA Reserve. Strange piece.

?

I think it may stand a chance, it may be earlier than F.A.D. (Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst), for example the Dresdener Arbeitsdienst, but I am doubtful of this aspect, here is a seldom seen D.A.D. armband in wear, I guess if we had one of these in hand and posted it, SOMEONE would say it's bogus and fake, go figure, anyway, one must remember, the FAD wore used equipment, tunics, belts, boots and a host of other types of clothing, I have photos of FAD men wearing SA buckles, stranger things have been proven to be worn in all branches of the TR, further research will be needed of course, I will search my files but can't promise anything, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-War FAD armband? - First I have seen...   Pre-War FAD armband? - First I have seen...  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you Gwar. I took a chance on this one because it looked similar in construction to some very early party armbands, would seem to be less likely a subject to copy because it is pre-swastika and relatively obscure and after searching, your photo above is the only one I could find. When I receive it I will post more photos.

Doug

A couple of early items showing a similar style of sewing.

"Sorry, but I don't like that at all. The armband itself looks like SA Reserve. Strange piece."

Thank you for the lead. I found a photo of an SA Reserve showing the stitching of the centerpiece.

It appears the FAD roundel which uses the same style of stitching as the SA was attached separately to the FAD armband to cover the loose stitching on the back.

Photo from dealer site Original German Militaria.

[QUOTE=Douglas;2271155]"Sorry, but I don't like that at all. The armband itself looks like SA Reserve. Strange piece."

Thank you for the lead. I found a photo of an SA Reserve showing the stitching of the centerpiece.

It appears the FAD roundel which uses the same style of stitching as the SA was attached separately to the FAD armband to cover the loose stitching on the back.

Photo from dealer site Original German Militaria.

You can also clearly see that the FAD emblem was embroidered on a completely different fabric. The armband itself is made of heavy wool. I think it was put together later. One can only speculate whether this happened before or after the war.