Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rad Gorget

Article about: This is being posted by me on behalf of a friend.. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.. It almost looks like the one I was going to buy some time ago.. G

?

Default Rad Gorget

This is being posted by me on behalf of a friend.. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.. It almost looks like the one I was going to buy some time ago.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad Gorget   Rad Gorget  

Rad Gorget   Rad Gorget  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad Gorget
    P
    Many

?

Hey G Man,

IMO looks like an authentic piece. Here are 3 examples as well I feel are good from pretty reputable dealers.

My only question is the screw in the top right corner. Is it replaced? Not sure. Thought they were a brad / stud versus a screw. Maybe a variation??? Is screw original to piece would be my only question as it looks to be a replacement maybe?

Or is that original screw and the brad / nut is just missing? What does other side look like?

Rad Gorget

Rad Gorget

Rad Gorget
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Or OOPS.....upon further zoomification is it two light bulbs reflecting off the brad looking like a groove? Looks fine. Sorry just looked closer.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

As usual your input is sound and rational... Thanks RAD Brother !! G

I would like to see from the shown gorgets, close-ups from the hooks in which the chain is positioned.
    I think I do see the correct ones, but the photos are not good enough. The edge should be rounded
    and not sharp.

If you feel the cloth at the back, you should feel anyway twelve prongs, by which the ribbon and symbol
    are added.

PS: I sincerely hope fakers are not too much aware of the rounded hooks. I explained this (difference
    between okay and not good) in my German gorget-book and maybe the one or the other makes his fakes
    better by that explanation!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-13-2018 at 11:24 AM.

I'm the potential owner of the Gorget in the photo. I wasn't a member yet, and Gwar was good enough to post photos and get some opinions. Thank you all for your thoughts and input.
    I do have a question. In the gorget pictures I've seen, there's a flat hook on the back that usually has the makers mark on it. This one has no such hook. Is this a reason to worry, or just a difference in variations?

?

Darin, Just a different variation in my opinion.. P.S. Welcome to the "Best" forum of seasoned and avid collectors of all fields with the knowledge pertaining to "War Relics" from many theatres of conflict.. G

Quote by Darin Zeigler View Post
    I do have a question. In the gorget pictures I've seen, there's a flat hook on the back that usually has the makers mark on it. This one has no such hook. Is this a reason to worry, or just a difference in variations?
    This type of gorget does not have the hook at all.
    I have not seen ever an original having one.

There are other gorgets, which do neither have the tang,
    for example Kyffhäuser- and Kriegerbund.
    Normally such a tang was pushed in a buton-hole. In various
    regulations it then is mentioned in which button-hole!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 04-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Here its wearing:

Rad Gorget

This is a page from my gorget-book, published in German
    in Germany.

Rad Gorget

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    And Wilhelm Saris, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this gorget. I definitely honor your opinion on this.