Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RAD Officer Tunic for review

Article about: Hello, Thoughts on this Wool RAD Officer's Tunic? Any issues from your point of view? Rossi

?

Default RAD Officer Tunic for review

Hello,

Thoughts on this Wool RAD Officer's Tunic? Any issues from your point of view? Oberfeldmeister. Brown wool, open neck cut tunic. Dark brown collar with black velvet based collar tabs, with silver bullion spades. There is a War merit 2nd class ribbon to the upper button hole. Loops for two medals and a small ribbon bar. Solid backed silver pebbled buttons. Liner is a brown silk and has an inner waist belt as well as a dagger hanger slot. Some light wear/snags to the bottoms of the cuffs on each sleeve, but minor. Rossi

RAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for reviewRAD Officer Tunic for review
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Officer Tunic for review
    P
    Many

?

The material looks different to me...Looks too new.. Just odd for me... These are only my observations... I will post some other examples soon... I hope I am wrong... Something is not right here for me.. The rectangles are from a previous thread I had posted.. So never mind them.. The pocket ( Lower ) are a different cut in the pic I have posted... More straight than slanted as in Fig. 2 I will do some pic finds for you..
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Officer Tunic for review  RAD Officer Tunic for review 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    The material looks different to me...Looks too new.. Just odd for me... These are only my observations... I will post some other examples soon... I hope I am wrong... Something is not right here for me.. The rectangles are from a previous thread I had posted.. So never mind them.. The pocket ( Lower ) are a different cut in the pic I have posted... More straight than slanted as in Fig. 2 I will do some pic finds for you..
    Thanks for the thoughts and details! See what others think as well.

?

Any Idea on the material of construction ?? Wool ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Any Idea on the material of construction ?? Wool ??
    Yep. It is wool.

MAP
    ?

Is it privately tailored? That might account for the slight variations. Just a thought. Not my bailiwick.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

IMO, the lower pockets on the tunic that Kirk posted match the ones on the left, (Tuchroch) of the examples that Gwar posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Gwar View Post
    The pocket ( Lower ) are a different cut in the pic I have posted... More straight than slanted as in Fig. 2
    It is possible that the belt has pulled the rear of the tunic up as it fills the lower back area of the wearer. The closure flaps still appear to have the same angled appearance.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It is possible that the belt has pulled the rear of the tunic up as it fills the lower back area of the wearer. The closure flaps still appear to have the same angled appearance.
    Ralph.
    Lower pockets seem to be angled to me as well. Thanks both of your for reviewing. I have looked at Wim's thread and also some pictures as well on WAF. See what Wim says as well as others on this.

A photo from my family collection. My half brother's father, MIA in Italy circa WWII.
    Ralph.

RAD Officer Tunic for review

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast