Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real Or Fake?

Article about: I've been looking out for German tunics, and I saw a French listing online for this uniform tunic. I translated the title of the listing and it roughly translates to "German 39-45, Brow

Default Real Or Fake?

I've been looking out for German tunics, and I saw a French listing online for this uniform tunic. I translated the title of the listing and it roughly translates to "German 39-45, Brown Vest, Music/Political / No Emblems! (I'm going to assume that means insignia.) I am a bit wary about it, however, simply because I have next to no experience with German tunics and even less with non combat tunics. The guy is selling it for 300 bucks Canadian.

Real Or Fake?

Real Or Fake?

Real Or Fake?

Real Or Fake?

The tunic is well worn, and looks fairly authentic, but I want an opinion from an expert or at least someone who has an idea of what they're talking about.

Also, I been having difficulties.. So yeah, if you see the swastika armband pop up in the post, ignore it. I can't figure out how to get rid of the buggered thing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real Or Fake?  
    Last edited by MedicalAmmunitionCrate; 05-21-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Unintentionally added photo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Or Fake?
    P
    Many

This would not be a good place to start. Save your money. I don't even know what this item happens to be. NH

Alright, thanks a lot! Cheers.

Not German and not of the 1939-1945 period: The uniform is a post-war Austrian tunic for a fire brigade musician [a member of the Feuerwehrmusik].

It is missing its shoulder cord, the traces of which (including the attachment button) can still be seen on the left shoulder. The horizontal thread loop on the left breast is for attachment of a medal bar mounted in the Austrian trifold style.

Save your money. Given the nature and condition of this item, it's not nearly worth the price.

^Well done. I knew it wasn't German WWII but had no idea where it originated. NH

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Not German and not of the 1939-1945 period: The uniform is a post-war Austrian tunic for a fire brigade musician [a member of the Feuerwehrmusik].

It is missing its shoulder cord, the traces of which (including the attachment button) can still be seen on the left shoulder. The horizontal thread loop on the left breast is for attachment of a medal bar mounted in the Austrian trifold style.

Save your money. Given the nature and condition of this item, it's not nearly worth the price.
    Astonishing HPL, you are a plethora of valuable information. You always give us deeper insight. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, we really do appreciate it.