Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake RAD Tunic?

Article about: Hi All, Picked this up a few weeks ago and thought I might get opinions of the experts on it. Shoulder boards and armband are pinned on so I'm more than certain they were not part of the ori

Default Real or Fake RAD Tunic?

Hi All,

Picked this up a few weeks ago and thought I might get opinions of the experts on it.

Shoulder boards and armband are pinned on so I'm more than certain they were not part of the original uniform.

See pictures attached.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake RAD Tunic?   Real or Fake RAD Tunic?  

Real or Fake RAD Tunic?   Real or Fake RAD Tunic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake RAD Tunic?
    P
    Many

?

Hello ! Based on this one photo, I would it was an original RAD tunic, could you post a close up of this area please ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake RAD Tunic?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Gwar,

Thanks for the reply, please see the close up below.

If I am reading the first stamp correctly, 12 36 means December 1936.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake RAD Tunic?   Real or Fake RAD Tunic?  

?

Hello, thanks you for the additional photograph, the markings RADBA is the abbreviation for Reichs Arbeits Dienst Bekleidungsamt (roughly Clothing department) the 'F' is usually seen as Fu for Furth so RADBAFu, Ad Gau XXVI is for Arbeitsdienst Gau XXVI Wurttemburg, this tunic was issued to the Arbeitsmann for use and upon completion of duties returned to the stocks at the Abteilung of the worker, ADAbt 266/4 = Abteilung 4/266 Leutkirch 'Bauernfuehrer Florian Geyer' , so it is a genuine tunic and I think it has been messed with to a point as the sleeve spade (Dienstellenabzeichen) is missing, however there were orders later in the war to remove the shield so enemy forces could not identify the Abteilungs involved in certain areas, that sleeve spade was replaced with a blank white spade, here is where the Arbeitsmann probably served his tasks.. G

Last edited by Gwar; 08-30-2023 at 09:10 PM.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hello, thanks you for the additional photograph, the markings RADBA is the abbreviation for Reichs Arbeits Dienst Bekleidungsant (roughly Clothing department) the 'F' is usually seen with as Fu for Furth so RADBAFu, Ad Gau XXVI is for Arbeitsdienst Gau XXVI Wurttemburg, this tunic was issued to the Arbeitsmann for use and upon completion of duties returned to the stocks at the Abteilung of the worker, ADAbt 266/4 = Abteilung 4/266 Leutkirch 'Bauernfuehrer Florian Geyer' , so it is a genuine tunic and I think it has been messed with to a point as the sleeve spade (Dienstellenabzeichen) is missing, however there were orders later in the war to remove the shield so enemy forces could not identify the Abteilungs involved in certain areas, that sleeve spade was replaced with a blank white spade, here is where the Arbeitsmann probably served his tasks.. G
    A font of knowledge as usual, cannot tell you how grateful I am.

In talks for some more RAD gear at the moment, greatcoat and overseas cap.

Thanks very much Gwar.

Another view of the camp:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake RAD Tunic?  
    "Per Ardua"