Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler

Article about: Gentlemen, Some of you may recognise this insigne from the veteran’s souvenir collection I posted back in January. I have just completed a trade for an item, including this badge. The deal

?

Default Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler

Gentlemen,
    Some of you may recognise this insigne from the veteran’s souvenir collection I posted back in January.

I have just completed a trade for an item, including this badge. The dealer I traded with has expressed concerns about its authenticity and has shown it to two independent individuals.
    One said, “I hope you haven’t bought that”, the other wrote,
    “The intent of the yellow/gold eagle on dark background was likely water police, however, this is another reproduction identified by the reverse breast. Theis well known repro pattern is found in lots of variety too”. (sic)

I find it difficult to believe that this badge is questionable - given its very recent emergence from the family of the veteran, to a non-military antiques dealer, to me - but I would very much like to hear your views and knowledge of these insignia and this piece in particular. I should very much like to see an example of these ‘well known repro(s)’, for comparison, if anyone can furnish such reference.

With my sincerest thanks, as ever,
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler   Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  

Last edited by Kohima; 05-10-2023 at 09:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler
    P
    Many

?

Ok. Images finally sorted.

Whilst the haul you showed at the start of the year was impressive, coming from a “vet” is sometimes just a story I’m afraid.

It could possibly be that the person that owned these was an older collector, and the family didn’t want to think that their relation was a fanatic and decided he was a vet instead …. Always possible… as they say “Buy the item – not the story” – as for the eagle,

I can only agree with the comments, these are found in various colours and are deemed to be reproduction the reverse gives it away, It’s easy to put a tag on to make it more believable – of course – I could be wrong – it’s JMO

some known reproductions of a similar design - notice the reverse,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler 

As police insignia has become more desirable and the prices have risen their interest to forgers has likewise risen, and scores of fakes have hit the market in the last few years. Some easily discernible as such, some very convincing.

All the ones below are deemed as reproduction
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler   Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  

?

I’m not seeing anything like the quality of this one...
    Compare the detail.

It's the whitening around the breast feathers on the reverse that concerns me. I would welcome any input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  

?

I see what you’re saying, but a quick scout through some of the better dealers sites turned up such a feature... (the following from Weitze & Collectors Guild). It’s filler thread.

In all honesty, most of the originals look like c**p repros!

Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler   Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  

I wouldn't place too much faith in Weitze. The Berlin fire is exactly the fake we are talking about

?

And these?
    A pretty diverse assortment here.

Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler   Reichsbahnschützpolizei Adler  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast