Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

REICHSPARTEITAG NÜRNBERG 1933 badge

Article about: I promises that I am not being disrespectful to forum members by "shouting" the title of this thread, as that what it says on the badge! In my opinion, the 1933 RPT has over the ye

Default REICHSPARTEITAG NÜRNBERG 1933 badge

I promises that I am not being disrespectful to forum members by "shouting" the title of this thread, as that what it says on the badge!

In my opinion, the 1933 RPT has over the years had something of a "poor relation" status and only now, is being fully appreciated, researched and documented.

The badge was of course available for purchase at the event in August 1933, however whether in just hollow and/or solid back form, I just do not know.

The badge did of course later rise to achieve an NSDAP "honour" status with the bedfellows of the 1929 RPT and the 1931 SA Treffen Braunschweig, to name but two.

Perhaps forum members could show their examples.

Here and to start the ball rolling is my solid silver example. I do not have a clue as to why these were produced and even now, there are some who think that they are a pure fantasy piece.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement REICHSPARTEITAG NÜRNBERG 1933 badge
    P
    Many

thats a very nice badge.

A very nice badge David but the 33 badge was not listed as an honor badge but rather as a traditions badge.

Quote by Erich S View Post
    A very nice badge David but the 33 badge was not listed as an honor badge but rather as a traditions badge.
    Depends who you ask I guess..
    It is a nice badge.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Dear Erich and Matt

To be perfectly honest, I have never fully understood the status of this badge.

There are of course numerous period images of the badge being worn post event and also, period publications which clearly indicate the status of the badge.

Here is an extract from the 1934 publication "NSDAP Aufbau und Abzeichen".

Regards,

David

When the decree came down from Hess in 1936 the 33RPT was not included as a party Ehrenzeichen and was delegated to Tradition status.
    Last edited by Erich S; 08-01-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Dear Erich

Thankyou for this information.

So and if I read you correctly, initially and for a few years designated as an Ehrenzeichen and then in 1936, reclassified.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    So and if I read you correctly, initially and for a few years designated as an Ehrenzeichen and then in 1936, reclassified.
    Basically, yes.

After the 1933 RPT, many participants continued to wear the badge. Apparently, this was at first a semi-official (or unofficial, but generally tolerated) practice.

A decree by Rudolf Hess of 26th February 1934 regulated which badges and decorations could be worn with the uniforms of the NSDAP and its organizations. It included the Coburg Badge [Coburger Abzeichen], the Badge for the Nuremberg Party Day of 1929 [Nürnberger Parteitagsbzeichen von 1929], the Badge for the 1931 SA Meeting at Brunswick [Abzeichen vom SA-Trefffen in Braunschweig 1931] and the Badge for the 1933 Reichs Party Day at Nuremberg [Reichsparteitag-Abzeichen Nürnberg 1933]. Its wear with uniform was now officially authorized.

The third executive order for the execution of the law against malicious attacks on the state and party and for the protection of party uniforms [Dritte Verordnung zur Durchführung des Gesetzes gegen heimtückische Angriffe auf Staat und Partei und zum Schutz der Parteiuniformen] of 16th March 1935 regulated that all of the aforementioned badges were offical party badges [parteiamtliche Abzeichen] and thus protected by said law, restricting their commercial manufacture, storage, sale and distribution to authorized persons and companies. (They were, however not among the items whose abusive wear or mere possession by individual non-members of party organizations was punishable by law.) While this said nothing about these badges being decorations as such, it reinforced their official status and elevated them above ordinary tinnies/day badges.

An official party decree [parteiamtliche Anordnung] of 6th November 1936 finally regulated which badges were to be special decorations of the Party [besondere Ehrenzeichen der Partei].
    This status was now officially bestowed on the Coburg Badge, the Badge for the Nuremberg Party Day of 1929 and the Badge for the 1931 SA Meeting at Brunswick, but not on the badge for the 1933 RPT.

Following suit, a decree of 5th November 1938 regulating the wear of NSDAP badges and decorations by officials, employees and laborers of national and municipal authorities also allowed only the wear of the party's officially-recognized badges and decorations, which were expressly listed and, again, did not include the badge for the 1933 RPT.

Sources:

• Reichsgesetzblatt, Jahrgang 1934, Teil I, pg. 1269 ff.
    • Reichsgesetzblatt, Jahrgang 1935, Teil I, pg. 387 ff.
    • Organisationsbuch der NSDAP 1937, pg. 44
    • Die Auszeichnungen des Großdeutschen Reiches by Dr. Heinrich Doehle, 5th edition, 1945, pg. 83 f.
    • Abzeichen und Dienstgrade der SA by Cord von Einem, 1933, pg. 32f.
    • Die Uniformen der Braunhemden by Freiherr von Eelking, 1934, pg. 58
    • Das Abzeichen des Reichsparteitages der NSDAP in Nürnberg 1933 (2-piece article in IMM ##129/130) by Uwe Lautenschläger, 2007
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-02-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Dear HPL2008

Super clear information and detail - as is your usual Modus Operandi !

Many thanks.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast