Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge

Article about: Hi everyone, I will be putting up several different threads of the medals and cloth insignia in my collection. We will start with this SA Rally badge. Hope you enjoy! Thaddeus

I was under the impression that the hollow badges were the 1st pattern...as the badge was originally merely a tinnie that later gained elevated status, and that the later-produced solid badges were the 2nd pattern, after the badge received official award status...
    Please feel free to correct me if my assumptions are incorrect...I have yet to add one of these to my collection, but it's definitely on my list of "Must Haves"...cheers and thanks for showing your examples...
    Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge
    P
    Many

All the badges i showed in post nine, that were/are up for sale as genuine at MILI321, are reproductions.

Some dealers do sell them as reproductions, like the one below,

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badgeSA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge

but €50.- is a bit too steep, considering that you can go directly to the faker, and buy one for €15.- (just add patina and start raking the ca$h in)

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badgeSA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge
    Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I was under the impression that the hollow badges were the 1st pattern...as the badge was originally merely a tinnie that later gained elevated status, and that the later-produced solid badges were the 2nd pattern, after the badge received official award status...
    Please feel free to correct me if my assumptions are incorrect...I have yet to add one of these to my collection, but it's definitely on my list of "Must Haves"...cheers and thanks for showing your examples...
    Glenn
    Hi Glenn , I think you are quite correct , I don't think I have ever seen a hollow back 2nd pattern Treffen Braunschweig. Here is my hollow back 1st pattern for comparison , the pin has been re-soldered at some time but is is original. Leon.

Here is the first pattern in wear. (Original b/w photo enlargement behind the digitally colored image)

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I was under the impression that the hollow badges were the 1st pattern...as the badge was originally merely a tinnie that later gained elevated status, and that the later-produced solid badges were the 2nd pattern
    LINK. Images below. Was advertised as a solid silver First Pattern i wouldnt know who is wrong or what was what, but i doubt very much that anyone else really does either when it comes to these.

Here is an actual 1st pattern badge from my collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge 

How many different 1st patterns are there?

#2 is not one that I would have in my collection.

Quote by Erich S View Post
    #2 is not one that I would have in my collection.
    Its up at €200.- as genuine.
    LINK

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Its up at €200.- as genuine.
    LINK

I personally don't like this version and until a period photo of one of these badges with the raised lettering shows up I would avoid it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast