Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937: Any info appreciated

Article about: Any info on this handkerchief would be appreciated!

Default Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937: Any info appreciated

Any info on this handkerchief would be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937: Any info appreciated   Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937: Any info appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937: Any info appreciated
    P
    Many

Default Re: Souvineir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf,1937???? Any info appreciated

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: Souvineir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf,1937???? Any info appreciated

And that means???

Thise is what a past and copy on a google translation gives;
    Germany 1937th Four years after the handover of power to the Nazis Düsseldorf under new political leadership is his long and successful history exhibition continues with the Great Empire Exhibition Working People. About 6 million people flock from home and abroad in the city on the Rhine here to the 'new German Home' to see the 'new German work' and the 'new German art'. But between industrial buildings, model housing and garden show, there are early signs of the impending war and conflicts in particular. The new policy stance is not defined. Those in power are divided and helpless, the exhibition planners. The present work describes the history of cultural studies of the exhibition and whose cultural and political environment. The two-year exhibition preparation was marked by tension between different interests. The German Werkbund, the initiator of the exhibition watched, old plans to present the 'New Age'. The town tried to show in a radical transformation of the imposing provincial capital of Düsseldorf with Schlageterforum, party buildings and numerous KDF city to integrate. The state saw an opportunity to use the show as a propaganda tool for the seemingly 'peaceful' rebuilding of the German Empire under the Four Year Plan. The result left its mark not only the history of the city of Düsseldorf. The exhibition was the mirror image of Germany on the eve of World
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937: Any info appreciated

A nice patriotic souvenir item.

Cheers, Ade.

I read your long-ago post about the Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937. I also read the replies. A friend of mine recently came into possession of the same exact handkerchief. Did you find out any more about it than what was previously posted? We're wondering if it has any real monetary value and should it be insured. We've heard there were few made. Is this anything a museum or collector would be interested in having? Not quite sure how to preserve it.
    Thank you for any additional information you can supply.

MAP
    ?

Quote by GreenSchmid View Post
    I read your long-ago post about the Souvenir German work party handkerchief- Dusseldorf, 1937. I also read the replies. A friend of mine recently came into possession of the same exact handkerchief. Did you find out any more about it than what was previously posted? We're wondering if it has any real monetary value and should it be insured. We've heard there were few made. Is this anything a museum or collector would be interested in having? Not quite sure how to preserve it.
    Thank you for any additional information you can supply.
    Unfortunately the original poster has not been active since 2011 so I doubt they will see this.

My personal opinion is that this is a nice and interesting piece of history. But items like these generally have little monetary value.

It is a very small niche group of collectors that would actively collect these but some "general" collectors might be interested to compliment other items they might have.

Do you have a photo of yours that you could upload? What is the condition and materials it is made out of.

Typically the best way to store flat pieces of fabric is to purchase archival acid free tubing and roll the item up. But I would suspect in this case, if it has lasted this long, just roll it up and wrap it in acid free tissue paper.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

a rely different piece.