Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband

Article about: Hi I've started collecting these patches and was wondering what the various LV areas were for, and how many there were. Thank you Brian

?

Default Stahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband

Hi

I've started collecting these patches and was wondering what the various LV areas were for, and how many there were.

Thank you

BrianStahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband
    P
    Many

Not sure how many areas there were but these are mine. My next research task is to find or compile a definitive list of LV areas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband  

Behern & Jamest8,

Two of my reference sources both indicate that there were 25 districts that were known to have existed:

Source 1: Third Reich Cloth Insignia: Brian L Davis and Ian Westwell: pp. 104-105

Source 2: Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-1945: Brian L Davis, illustrated by Malcolm McGregor, plate 39, page 149:

I don't have a complete list but here are the ones that I know of: 17 so far...

I will have to look at some of my other sources to see if we can compile the complete list of 25 (known)..

LV:

Westmark
    Saar
    Hohenzollern
    Schlesien
    Bayern
    Nordsee
    Pommern-Grenzmark
    Gross Berlin
    Brandenburg
    Niedersachsen
    Greater Hessen
    East Prussia
    Hamburg
    Bremen
    Saxony
    Thuringen
    MittelDeutschland

Hope this helps

Smitty

These are the ones I have found
    1.LV Gross-Berlin
    2.Hohenzollern
    3.LV Schlesien
    4.Bayern
    5.LV Nordsee
    6.LV Pommern-Grenzmark
    7.LV Westmark
    8.LV Brandenburg
    9.LV Niedersachsen
    10.Saar
    11.Gau Bremen
    12.LV Thüringen
    13.LV Hannover
    14.Gau Danzig
    15.Landesverband Sachsen
    16.LV Mecklenburg
    17.Ostpreußen
    18.LV Mitteldeutschland

To these add the following from Smitty

19.Saxony
    20.Hamburg
    21.Greater Hessen

So we are missing four LVs

?

Thank you for sharing this. I know there were a lot of GAU patches as well, from what I see not all of the Landesverband patches have "LV" on them. I have a folder in which I am collecting images of the shields I find on line. Fascinating subject.

?

very nice! ?I? haven't seen the Hohenzollern one before. Is it ok if I clip it for my image folder?
    I only have three so far, 4 in the mail. I also have the Niedersachsen with a cuffStahlhelm Ärmelabzeichen des Landesverband

Correct - I have tried to list them exactly as the lettering appears in the actual badge. So Saxony is Landesverband Sachsen (and I have just realised that I have duplicated this from Smitty's list), Danzig is Gau Danzig, and Bayern is just that. Danzig is an interesting anomaly because the city of Danzig (and 200 surrounding villages) was designated as a "Free City" separate from the newly formed Polish State and Germany under the Treaty of Versailles after WW1, yet still had it's own Stahlhelm LV.

yes of course

I think I found some more LV: But these may not be sleeve insignia but the cuff titles...

L.V. Westfalen
    L.V. Nierderrhein
    Gau Unterwesser
    L.V. Nordmark

Here is a great link on the WAF: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

There are some good period images of the sleeve insignia being worn as well as actual insignia in collections

Smitty

?

yes that is a great link, I am a member there too and recently a member posted good LV information here

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

It seems there were many gaus under the LVs, perhaps some only had gau cuff bands?
    Im going to start doing an extensive search for cuff bands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast