Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Stick pin Zivilnadel einer LW-Sturmgeschuetzeinheit

Article about: Good afternoon stick pin lovers. My friend has just taken delivery of this nice little item. The English translation is: Civillian stick pin of a Luftwaffe assault gun unit. This throws up a

Default Stick pin Zivilnadel einer LW-Sturmgeschuetzeinheit

Good afternoon stick pin lovers. My friend has just taken delivery of this nice little item. The English translation is: Civillian stick pin of a Luftwaffe assault gun unit.

This throws up a few question that we are hoping members might be able to help us with.

1. Is there a full size version? We can't find one on the net.

2. Why would a civillian be awarded this badge?

3. Does the number 70 refer to the number of missions like a PAB? Presumably it does, unless it referrs to the unit number.

Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stick pin Zivilnadel einer LW-Sturmgeschuetzeinheit   Stick pin Zivilnadel einer LW-Sturmgeschuetzeinheit  

Stick pin Zivilnadel einer LW-Sturmgeschuetzeinheit  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stick pin Zivilnadel einer LW-Sturmgeschuetzeinheit
    P
    Many

My friend and I have been doing a little bit of research on this little stick pin (as you should) and have come up with the following hypothesis:

Firstly, the absence of a swastika would suggest a 1957 type of manufacture. Secondly the German term "Zivil" probably referrs to civillian clothing upon which it would be worn. And thirdly, the number 70 would in all likelyhood not refer to the number of missions, which were numbered 25,50,75 and 100, so must refer to the unit number ( we have found evidence of unit 73). Our conclusion therefore is that it was probably made for some veterans regimental dinner in the 1960's.

If anybody has any better ideas, then please let us know.

?

I agree with your assessment on all counts. As you stated a 57'er used on civilian clothes as were all such pins during TR era as well. The 70 is too arbitrary a number for missions you would expect 75 perhaps. Unit 70 makes sense. I think forum member "Brig" collects 57'er stickpins, maybe he'll see this and comment as well.

Regards, al

Thanks Aldo, I was hoping you would spot this post.