Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Was told this was a photo of two armed SA men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?

Article about: Nice cap Bob. The cap is not a regular kepi, but a cap which was phrased as SA-Führer Lagermütze (a garrison cap for SA leaders). It is known such cap form was also worn by lower ranks.

Nice cap Bob. The cap is not a regular kepi, but a cap which was phrased as SA-Führer Lagermütze
    (a garrison cap for SA leaders). It is known such cap form was also worn by lower ranks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Was told this was a photo of two armed SA men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?
    P
    Many

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Nice cap Bob. The cap is not a regular kepi, but a cap which was phrased as SA-Führer Lagermütze
    (a garrison cap for SA leaders). It is known such cap form was also worn by lower ranks.
    Thank you Wim. This photo shows the first example of a cloth eagle being worn on a kepi with Gruppe color. In the past, I have only seen the cloth eagle worn on the Gruppe Lagermutze.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Bob,

I did write about this type of cap shortly in volume 3 for the headgear-series,
    published in 1998. It was told about its introduction and in which periodical it
    was stated.
    In the color section, at the end of the book, page 591 shows a nice cap from
    John Coy with the eagle upon a triangle and another one from Coy with just
    a cloth eagle!

I put this photo with other's I've collected on my Flickr page without the watercropping. I included in the description that the two were SA in Sanok, Poland. Am I safe to say this? Here is my Flickr page:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/123629787@N04/
    Thanks!

Quote by yarmouth View Post
    I put this photo with other's I've collected on my Flickr page without the watercropping. I included in the description that the two were SA in Sanok, Poland. Am I safe to say this? Here is my Flickr page:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/123629787@N04/
    Thanks!
    It apears to be an accurate statement. The only thing that can not be confirmed is the town but the description is likely correct.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you Bob!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2