Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Was told this was a photo of two armed SA men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?

Article about: Nice cap Bob. The cap is not a regular kepi, but a cap which was phrased as SA-Führer Lagermütze (a garrison cap for SA leaders). It is known such cap form was also worn by lower ranks.

Question Was told this was a photo of two armed men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?

Was told this was a photo of two armed men in Sanok, Poland. Are they SA or German Army? Please forgive my ignorance. What are your thoughts?
    Was told this was a photo of two armed SA men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by yarmouth; 05-22-2014 at 05:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Was told this was a photo of two armed SA men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?
    P
    Many

They are SA, not Heer, note the Kepi's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. How about the uniform incl the footwear and the cloth patch on the kepi as opposed to a metal badge? And they are carrying pistols too...Could these two men be on patrol in Poland? I am still learning the various uniforms. Thanks for your patience everyone

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They are SA, not Heer, note the Kepi's.

Cheers, Ade.
    As Adrian says. As there is hardly any difference in color for the cap and the top
    I think it is practically sure they do wear the lighter-grey colored top for the SA in
    the Generalgouvernement, which was introduced September 1, 1942.

Thank you Wilhelm!

Political stuff is not really my thing. Wim has covered it and knows far more than me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by adrian stevenson View Post
    political stuff is not really my thing. Wim has covered it and knows far more than me.
    "like"

The Sturmabteilung (SA) (9 of 10)

The SA even extended its activities into Poland:

"By command of the General of the SA, the 'SA-Unit General Government' was established, the command of which
    [Page 167]

was taken over by Governor-General SA Obergruppenfuehrer Dr. Frank." (3216-PS)

An affidavit of Walter Schellenberg, bureau chief in the RSHA, reads as follows:

*** From the beginning of 1944 on the SA also participated in many of the functions which had previously been entrusted only to the SS, SIPO and Army, for instance the guarding of concentration camps, the guarding of prisoner of war camps, the supervision over forced laborers in Germany and occupied areas. This cooperation of the SA was planned and arranged for by high officials in Berlin as early as the middle of 1943 ***." (3232PS)

Thanks you Wilhelm....your knowledge has answered some tough questions also by the SA dagger collector,. although none are present in the photo.....much was thought of the SA as functionary entity. Rallies..parades etc. Makes sense and puts to rest some skepticism..of the role of the SA late in the period. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Was told this was a photo of two armed SA men in Sanok, Poland. What are your thoughts?The man on the right is wearing a cloth eagle on his kepi while the man on the left is wearing the standard metal eagle. Here is an example of a kepi for a SA staff other ranks with the cloth eagle.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast