Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms

Article about: WOW truly amazing uniforms Bob.I especially like the last one you posted.

patrick1974
    ?

Default Re: Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms

WOW truly amazing uniforms Bob.I especially like the last one you posted.

2. # ADS

Jay
    ?

Hi Bob
    Man those are some really nice uniforms you have there!!Thanks for sharing them with us.Jay

ignatius
    ?

I am totally speech less. Thanks for sharing Bob. I especially like that white NSDAP tunic and cap. If I only had the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignatius

Greg-
    Thanks for adding the pictures to this thread. If they ever needed that tank, the crew would have been over run before they got all of those signs of it.
    Do any of you have uniforms to add to this thread? My camera broke this week. When it comes back, I want to start a thread in the Cloth Headgear Forum on some of the many variations of headgear worn by these units.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This is the tropical tunic and pants for Transport Speer.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms   Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms  

Transport Gruppe Todt & Speer Uniforms  

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The tunic of a Transport Gruppe Speer officer attached to the Technischer Dienst or Technical Branch, which is indicated by the pink piping. Although the other ranks in TGS all used the same rank terminology, the officer grade names were different according to the branch of the organization. A 2nd Lt. in the Technisch Dienst was referred to as a Ingenieur or Engineer. Note the NSKK form eagle is mounted on the breast and without the NSKK banner. That g=feature dates this tunic to early 1944 when wear of the scroll was abolished.
    Why aren't there any pips on the left tab? Were they removed, or simply not worn?

Incredible collection Bob and just when I thought I have seen some uniforms,, the obscure come to light! Thanks for sharing these! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Walter View Post
    Why aren't there any pips on the left tab? Were they removed, or simply not worn?
    In the case of this officer, only the sholder straps would indicate the rank. There has never been a comprehensive study of the uniforms of these units. There are many variations worn during the war years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi
    #4 is a Feldkornett des Transportkorps Speer, between september 1944 - early 1945.
    Because Trako Speer had no furnitures priority, they continue to wear the old collar patches of the nskk in that case without the pips.

#3 is a Unterfahrmeister des Transportkorps Speer too, but I think that he don't removed his former nskk-Scharführer pip.
    Only the Trako was allowed to wear the eagle on the breast, nskk on the left or right arm.

A new style of collar patch was expected but manufactured in few number :
    Transportation Units / Transportkorps Speer

Nice tunics!
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2