Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown WW2 German uniforms

Article about: Hello, everyone. I've not posted in a while, I've been busy selling a lot of things in my collection so I had my hands full. Anyway, I came across these two pictures on Sammlermarkt. I'd lik

?

Default Unknown WW2 German uniforms

Hello, everyone.

I've not posted in a while, I've been busy selling a lot of things in my collection so I had my hands full.
    Anyway, I came across these two pictures on Sammlermarkt. I'd like to know what they are?

I have a feeling that the young man with his wife is maybe a commercial airplane pilot if there was even such a thing during ww2? Or some kind of luftpost?

I'd have no idea on the old man, his collar tabs seem to be trucks.

Unknown WW2 German uniformsUnknown WW2 German uniforms

Hopefully someone knows

Regards,
    Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown WW2 German uniforms
    P
    Many

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    I'd have no idea on the old man, his collar tabs seem to be trucks.

Regards,
    Bas
    Buses.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you!

So a busdriver I'd assume?

I have a feeling that the young man with his wife is maybe a commercial airplane pilot if there was even such a thing during ww2? Or some kind of luftpost?
    He's a civilian firefighter serving with a Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr [airfield firefighting service] of the Luftwaffe. His rank is Feuerwehrmann, i.e. the lowest rank which - along with the second-lowest rank of Oberfeuerwehrmann - had the status of an Arbeiter [worker/laborer].

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    He's a civilian firefighter serving with a Fliegerhorstfeuerwehr [airfield firefighting service] of the Luftwaffe. His rank is Feuerwehrmann, i.e. the lowest rank which - along with the second-lowest rank of Oberfeuerwehrmann - had the status of an Arbeiter [worker/laborer].
    Ah, are those the ones that wear the feuerwehr helmet with the luftwaffe decal on them and the painted white band around the middle?

Ah, are those the ones that wear the feuerwehr helmet with the luftwaffe decal on them and the painted white band around the middle?
    I don't know about white bands, but otherwise yes. They wore the same helmets as civilian fire brigades, but with the decals as worn on Luftwaffe steel helmets (eagle and shield).

Not all helmets have the white bands. The bands indicate leaders in the brigade.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The guy with the "busses" seems to be Deutsche Reichsbahn,
    as when he was a Postal buss-driver, he would have had the
    wreath around the cockade. I think instead of the busses
    he is wearing a truck-device.
    Please make a better scan from
    the collar-patch-device.

Unknown WW2 German uniforms

HPL2008 is right with the other guy!