MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht gefolge Badge opinions

Article about: I believe this to be a good example of a Wehrmacht gefolge Badge. This was for civilian members that supported the Wehrmacht. I believe is was for those that traveled outside of the country

Default Wehrmacht gefolge Badge opinions

I believe this to be a good example of a Wehrmacht gefolge Badge. This was for civilian members that supported the Wehrmacht. I believe is was for those that traveled outside of the country by rail, not sure though. Looks to be of zinc construction with a bronze wash with most or all of it gone. Looking for opinions to confirm original and if my assumptions on the original finish is correct, please. Not very common to see; for me. All opinions good or bad are appreciate as I am here to learn.
    John

Wehrmacht gefolge Badge opinionsWehrmacht gefolge Badge opinionsWehrmacht gefolge Badge opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht gefolge Badge opinions
    P
    Many

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I believe this to be a good example of a Wehrmacht gefolge Badge. This was for civilian members that supported the Wehrmacht. I believe is was for those that traveled outside of the country by rail, not sure though.
    It is an identification badge for civilian, non-uniformed auxiliaries of the German armed forces. It was sometimes worn by female uniformed auxiliaries as well, but this was contrary to regulations.

The badge was to be worn when abroad (both in occupied territories and in countries allied with the Reich). (Rail travel had nothing to do with it.)

It came in two sizes: A smaller badge of 2.3 cm diameter for male personnel (to be worn as a lapel badge) and a larger one of 3.5 cm diameter for female personnel (to be worn as a brooch).