Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this?

Article about: Good afternoon everybody. My stick pin collecting friend has just picked up this rather nice looking piece. The trouble is, neither the dealer no us two know what it relates to. Can anybody

Default What is this?

Good afternoon everybody. My stick pin collecting friend has just picked up this rather nice looking piece. The trouble is, neither the dealer no us two know what it relates to. Can anybody shed any light on it. Many thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?   What is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?
    P
    Many

I don't know the origination but the figure has either a Heer or Kriegsmarine decal on the helmet. NH

?

It looks to me like the metal/ aluminum piece that would be on a photo album like shown, that has been transformed by soldering onto a pin of some sort, Most German stickpins were knurled.. I will look for a picture for comparison. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I was thinking a possible tinnie with a soldered pin back??

I am going to look through the tinnie books I have...

Smitty

I found a tinnie that looks very similar in an old school book: "Collectors Guide No1 Tinnies of the Third Reich, Produced by the Staff of the FOX HOLE" from the old days of Ron Manion's Auction house..

I will continue to look in more books.. and will post a picture of the one that I found that looks similar..

I want to say this is an Armed Forces Day Donation Badge that may have been made into a stickpin...

Smitty

This came from the book that I mentioned above..

I am focusing on tinnie # 297 which is at the very bottom in the center.. Now keep in mind this description in the book says that this example is made of paper with a silver outer finish,,

So this is not exactly like the one posted but it is as near to the one that I could find after looking at over 2,000 tinnies…

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?  

?

Rakkasan187 ( Smitty ) That is dedication.. I have done it before as well.. I hope we find out... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Smitty, you are right about the badge but I think this one looks like a crude molded piece created to crank out stickpins. As far as I know these badges were made of bakelite plastic or pressed paper cardboard material like the description in your book. There are metal badges, but similar metal tinnies in my collection are die struck with clean edges unlike the solid back of the original one posted exhibiting casting flaws and rough cut edges. Take a look at my plastic examples.

Regards, Al

What is this?

What is this?

?

I'd also like to add that while most TR stickpins have knurled pins with few exceptions, some day badges in this type of configuration have straight pins. Here are a few unrelated pins from my collection that fit this description.

Cheers, Al

What is this?What is this?

What is this?What is this?

Aldo,

Thanks for the updated information.. You have some wonderful badges there..

It was just a hunch on my part thinking on the lines of a tinnie/donation pin...

GWAR,,

Thank you too.. I have thousands of reference book and I wanted to be able to utilize them for the betterment of the hobby...

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast