Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

What was this armband for?

Article about: I guess this is not the proper forum for this Polish armband, but I didn't see a Polish forum. I was wondering what exactly this is, and who wore it? It is a very nice armband. It looks like

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What was this armband for?

I guess this is not the proper forum for this Polish armband, but I didn't see a Polish forum. I was wondering what exactly this is, and who wore it? It is a very nice armband. It looks like a high-end item to me. It is made from what looks like Silver bullion. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What was this armband for?  

2. # ADS

pjm
    ?

Default Re: What was this armband for?

I've been told this is a commemorative armband for veteran's of the Warsaw Uprising.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Any idea who wore it? Jewish veterans? Polish veterans? Both?

pjm
    ?

Polish veterans who participated in the 1944 uprising World War 2: Warsaw Uprising 1944

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for the info. I don't think there were a lot of survivors of the uprising, so this armband may be rare. Ebay, here I come...

pjm
    ?

I've had them and as they are a commemorative the price is generally in the $50-75 range.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.