Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

To what branch do these guys belong?

Article about: I can't figure these guys out. The caps look very much like SA kepis, but one is without insignia. Shoulder boards are hard to make out, but they don't look SA. No other insignia/armbands an

Default To what branch do these guys belong?

I can't figure these guys out. The caps look very much like SA kepis, but one is without insignia. Shoulder boards are hard to make out, but they don't look SA. No other insignia/armbands anywhere. Ideas?

--Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture To what branch do these guys belong?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement To what branch do these guys belong?
    P
    Many

Postschutz? Others will opine further.

The photograph has already been posted on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum and with responses, although I wonder, is it pre 1945? Is it an image from a post 1945 budget film set or whatever perhaps? For myself, the haircuts, the sideburns, the eccentricity of the caps and the tunics, the shoulder straps, the Great War wound badge on the dentally challenged tall chap, all provide the enigmatic components of a very odd image in my opinion.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

where & when would a POST SCHULTZ, person get a wound badge delivering mail?

Quote by toot View Post
    …a POST SCHULTZ, person…
    What is a POST SCHULTZ person I wonder? Perhaps instead and as a wild guess, a person as a member of the Postschutz?

It is I think more than possible that a Great War veteran, having during service been awarded a wound badge, continued and as was the tradition, to justifiably wear this badge when he subsequently served in the Postschutz.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

It looks staged to Me. 1980s film perhaps ?

The photo is on period Agfa-Lupex paper. And while that's not incontrovertible evidence for a period photograph, it doesn't seem like this is an image that someone would go through the trouble of faking.

?

sorry for the grammar. you know what I meant.