Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this off?

Article about: Firstly, I apologize if this is the wrong forum. But as I have no idea what its off its a little tricky. Appears to have been cut off something. Original? Thoughts? Thanks.

Default What is this off?

Firstly, I apologize if this is the wrong forum.
    But as I have no idea what its off its a little tricky.
    Appears to have been cut off something.
    Original? Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    What is this off?What is this off?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this off?
    P
    Many

No Idea really but it looks like it might be a button off a non-uniform item with the attachment missing?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    No Idea really but it looks like it might be a button off a non-uniform item with the attachment missing?

Regards

Mark
    If it's 5.5cm then that's one hell of a button Mark!

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    If it's 5.5cm then that's one hell of a button Mark!
    Haha, yep for a "Greatcoat" maybe

I admit I didn't take notice of the ruler behind it. Hope the though process is clear though? So maybe some kind of decorative item but I don't think it's military and given the ancient history of the Swastika maybe not even TR related?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for the replies.
    Yes I'm picking not military too.
    It does have the oakleaves around it so would that not suggest TR?
    I should mention, there is two of them the same, not that it probably changes anything.

It seems to be a ground dug ornament to fix somewhere with a screw. But if original ? I would prefer one where the screw hole is better centered in the middle.

Quote by Hammergun View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    Yes I'm picking not military too.
    It does have the oakleaves around it so would that not suggest TR?
    I should mention, there is two of them the same, not that it probably changes anything.
    Oakleaves symbolise courage/strength and are common but not exclusive to German symbology and are hugely more widespread than TR.

Also, as is often discussed here the Swastika is far older and more widespread than the TR as a symbol of good luck. It is still pravelent in Asia especially India where it features heavily in wedding celebrations.

In India also with oak leaves ?

Quote by Reinhard2 View Post
    In India also with oak leaves ?
    No, that was just a reference to the Swastika itself being much more widely used than during the TR. In that regard the same is true of the Oak leaf though more so in Europe than Asia.

?

Hi Hammergun, this is a WWII Nazi German Swastika Desk Ornament NSDAP pieces.
    The actual Swastika is 2 pieces connected through the center of the award and the detail is exceptional.
    Yours was taken apart and the fittings cut off.
    I posted few pictures from NET.
    Regards,
    Peeloo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this off?   What is this off?  

Attached Images Attached Images What is this off? 
    Last edited by Peeloo; 05-03-2024 at 11:43 AM.