Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?

Article about: Please help decipher the name on this visors name tag. I cannot tell exactly what the last name is. Thank you in advance for your help!

Default Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?

Please help decipher the name on this visors name tag. I cannot tell exactly what the last name is. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?   Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?
    P
    Many

S. Orthwein, Kassel.

Might also be H. Orthwein. There was a Heinrich Orthwein in Kassel, he was acting district administrator of Melsungen from 1941.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Might also be H. Orthwein. There was a Heinrich Orthwein in Kassel, he was acting district administrator of Melsungen from 1941.
    Thank you NSDAP Sammler. I would believe that is who owned this visor! Now the hunt for images is on.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Thank you NSDAP Sammler. I would believe that is who owned this visor! Now the hunt for images is on.
    Would also be interesting to know his NSDAP Gau-level Rank. The Visor is a nice one. Updated 1938 Gau-Level Visor (bright red piping).

I looked online for more information, not much out there on him. I've had the visor ever since getting the Gauleiter tunic. I knew the visor does not match the bullion leaf only Gauleiter tabs as the visor being updated would go with the collar tabs that has the eagle at the top of the 2 leaf branches. I see 2 earlier types are available and think those would be a good addition to my collection, but alas, the check book is a cold slap in the face of reality.

I looked online for more information, not much out there on him. I've had the visor ever since getting the Gauleiter tunic. I knew the visor does not match the bullion leaf only Gauleiter tabs as the visor being updated would go with the collar tabs that has the eagle at the top of the 2 leaf branches. I see 2 earlier types are available and think those would be a good addition to my collection, but alas, the check book is a cold slap in the face of reality.
    The man has "only" been a district administrator (Landrat), so nothing special now. Today's time has a good one, namely the Internet. At a time when one was still dependent exclusively on printed sources, a search for this one person would of course have been much more difficult. - Your Gauleiter tunic is the 1938 version; the visor is also 1938 (light red piping), but with added 1939 eagle and oak leaves. At the beginning of the war, however, it was not so unusual for the PL to continue to wear their 1938 tunics with the appropriate rank insignia, but with 1939 visors and belts. I have already seen a number of photographs or film sequences that clearly demonstrate this. The film footage of the ceremonial opening of the House of German Art in Munich in the summer of 1939 is a good example therefore.

Default Mixed PL Uniforms

I've found an interesting Pic, that shows a wild Mix of PL Uniforms, Visors, Rank Insignia and Belts. The four PL in Background of Gauleiter Adolf Wagner (to the left) wearing 1938 tunics but 1939 Visors, (to the right) the flag bearer - very interesting wild mix - a 1938 Blouson with 1938 Collar Tabs, a 1938 Belt, a Visor with 1934 (!) PL Eagle but added 1939 Oak Leafs with Flag Bearer Gorget (not issued before 1939) and Flag Bandolier (not issued before 1939); and at last to his left a PL wearing a Blouson too, with 1938 Rank insignia but a 1939 Belt and Visor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who is this Gau level visor attributed to?  

NSDAP Sammler, thank you for posting the image. Jeff Clark advised me a short time ago, the NSDAP leadership could wear what ever they wanted....seems the uniform police agreed on one thing, the uniform garment itself better be brown!

Where on the web did you find that? I see a name superimposed over the people but cannot make out all the letters.

NSDAP Sammler, thank you for posting the image. Jeff Clark advised me a short time ago, the NSDAP leadership could wear what ever they wanted....seems the uniform police agreed on one thing, the uniform garment itself better be brown!

Where on the web did you find that? I see a name superimposed over the people but cannot make out all the letters.
    Jeff Clark is absolutely right of course. Craziest example I've ever seen, a Kreislevel PL with a 1938 black piped Tunic and wearing a 1939 white piped Visor. - I have had this pic "in stock" on my Computer. The superimposed name means "Stadtarchiv Rosenheim" (City Archives of Rosenheim). I assume that the scene depicted comes from an event in the summer of 1939, around June or July, in Rosenheim in Upper Bavaria. Adolf Wagner was Gauleiter Munich-Upper Bavaria "Traditionsgau", which is why he also speaks there. Possibly it shows the celebration of the existence of the Ortsgruppe in Rosenheim, which was the first Ortsgruppe of the NSDAP outside of Munich at all. By the way Founded by Herrmann Göring, as far as I know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast