MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German DAF Festival Leader Uniform

Article about: Hello, I have found a DAF uniform online and was considering buying it for my collection. I was wondering if you guys could look at the pics and give me your opinion on if it is real or not.

Default WW2 German DAF Festival Leader Uniform

Hello, I have found a DAF uniform online and was considering buying it for my collection. I was wondering if you guys could look at the pics and give me your opinion on if it is real or not. I have been bitten in the past. I know that you can see only so much with pics. Thank you all for your time.WW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader UniformWW2 German DAF Festival Leader Uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German DAF Festival Leader Uniform
    P
    Many

I have some qualms about the hat.
    It appears to be a standard civilian hat with a DAF Fest badge placed on it.
    The DAF was under the auspices of the RZM, and were marked as such.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

There are some Fest visors in this thread which show the appropriate markings and RZM tags:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...visors-376984/
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you for the reply. Does the tunic and pants look ok?

Quote by hartcoemt View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Does the tunic and pants look ok?
    They also should have RZM labels. Without them, it is likely only the buttons and the tailor tag are authentic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob, I noticed that there is a label on the inside of the tunic that has the DAF symbol on it. Have you seen any early versions that didn't have the RZM labels?

Quote by hartcoemt View Post
    Bob, I noticed that there is a label on the inside of the tunic that has the DAF symbol on it. Have you seen any early versions that didn't have the RZM labels?
    That is the tailor tag I referring to. It has nothing to do with RZM labeling. I would be uncomfortable with anything with out a RZM label. Please remember the DAF was organized after the Nazis took power. Thus the need for the labels.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

DAF Festival Leader Uniform

as such this thread started, but it is not just for leaders only.
    All DAF members were allowed to wear it!

To me it looks as the cap is not DAF at all. Look at the visor.
    DAF visors do not have the "decoration" over it! The tunic
    closes wrong, the lapels are wrong.
    There is no RZM tag in the inside required, but a label is hung
    to it (see the end of the manufacturers regulation from 1936:
    Anhängemarke).

Figure from an RZM uniform-plate:

Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 12-07-2015 at 06:02 PM.