Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

consecutive numbered armbands

Article about: got these two from a friend who got them when his uncle passed away.He has a third one of this group.Real?if so what would a value be for them?

For me personally I like items that have been issued, but I can definitely see the appeal of these armbands. Not many collectors can say they have two consecutively numbered examples like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement consecutive numbered armbands
    P
    Many

?

any idea where I can find out how much they are worth?

Search gun broker, guns America and auction sites. I would be in the range of $100 to $150 each with today's crazy prices. $75 EA in the past few years.
    John

?

dont know if it means anything but in a email from Wittmann he guessed they may be worth $ 4-500.I really need to get the 3rd one of these.The 3rd one skips a number but still,who has three almost consecutive numbered armbands?

?

I have seen consecutive numbers for sale on SA sports armband. Buying multiple sold even with a small discount.
    Wittmann is right. The three together would be about $400 on todays market. You can sell them on this website as well.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Welcome Mike

Someone should be around to help you out. In the meantime, while we are happy to help authenticate the item, we do not provide monetary valuations.

These are not uncommon and can be found on many reputable dealers website. That should give you an idea of the retail/dealer value (knock off 20% to 30% for a collector to collector value
    What 'Rule' or law states that a collector selling to another collector has to lower their prices of a similar or identical item being sold by a dealer ? Would you do this when selling a piece or try to get as much as you paid ? I have only read about this nonsense on 'Forums' and have had several discussions on this subject, seems like a fella selling a car should knock off 20-30% of their asking price for a vehicle because they don't own a car lot, odd how this works..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    What 'Rule' or law states that a collector selling to another collector has to lower their prices of a similar or identical item being sold by a dealer ? Would you do this when selling a piece or try to get as much as you paid ? I have only read about this nonsense on 'Forums' and have had several discussions on this subject, seems like a fella selling a car should knock off 20-30% of their asking price for a vehicle because they don't own a car lot, odd how this works.
    Hey Gman,

It is always a big topic discussed over the years. There are higher quality pieces I have in my collection that I would have no issue charging what a dealer would ask for. In some cases of rarer, harder to find or mint items I may ask more. The marketplace ebbs and flows on values and they are normally set by what collectors are willing to pay for it. I respect dealers as they have a business to run, overhead, carrying costs, travel expenses, time investment and need to make a profit.

As a guy in his 38th year of my collecting career I know the time costs, raw costs, shipping costs, insurance costs, website costs and real costs paid on every item in my collection. I have sold a few nice items in 2020 and 2021. I don’t believe a collector should take a bath on their items in any way so someone else can mark up for a profit. I had a respected dealer recently reach out about purchasing my collection. I won’t name names but the offer for my items was insulting compared to what I know the mark up would have been on their website. I simply asked if they felt I was desperate. They said no we don’t think you are desperate, but we would need to buy your collection at 40% to 50% less of what we would list for to make our profits with overhead. Also, just because that is what they list for does not mean they will get it.

I declined in the appropriate manner. I could likely put a price on every item on my website and make my money back and then some. In some cases I paid up to fill a gap or complete an ensemble. So I would need to ask at least what I bought it for. In the end when I do sell the price will be dictated on going rates, condition, rarity and the fellow collecting peer whom I decide to sell to. If they are a good caretaker making profits is not my ultimate goal.

There are guys who I love in this business and have sold them my items at what I paid for and then there are some very nice items I have sold at going rate.

In the end quality does command higher prices and I have learned that paying up is good for a collector if they are buying for investing in good stuff. However when reselling an item it may procure me from selling it for what I paid. Goal for me is buy for me first.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Rossi, I couldn't have said it better !!

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    What 'Rule' or law states that a collector selling to another collector has to lower their prices of a similar or identical item being sold by a dealer ? Would you do this when selling a piece or try to get as much as you paid ? I have only read about this nonsense on 'Forums' and have had several discussions on this subject, seems like a fella selling a car should knock off 20-30% of their asking price for a vehicle because they don't own a car lot, odd how this works..
    You have a valid point, but look at his from the side of the buyer: If the exact same item for the exact same price is for sale at the webshop of a trustworthy, well known and reputable dealer, and on the (for example) eBay site of a user (who may also be trusthworthy, but unknown to many buyers, and more importantly unknown to me personally), them I would without thinking choose to buy from the dealer. Also, buying from a well-known (and by that I dont mean StalingradFront-like well known) dealer, that gives to some extent guarantee about the originality of the item. A dealer might also have fake items for sale, but encounteing a fake is less likely. So if you want to sell it in reasonable time, you have to offer it for a little lower price.

And yes, thats how it works with cars too: An official Ford dealership will sell a second-hand Focus mk3 for a higher price than the same car would sell on a local site. Its the same with militaria, only this time its not about originality, but about technical conditon of the car. A car bought from a reputable dealer may also break down on the way home, but thats less likely than with a car bought from a random hobby-mechanic on craigslist.

I would like to add that in my opinion knocking off 30% is way too much.

?

DavK, No dealer is perfect or all-knowing as you state and I agree with that 100%, the point was, as a collector am I obliged to give a discount or lower my price versus a dealer's price because someone states it is an un-written rule and a practice to do so between collectors.. I say that is incorrect and somewhat foolish to suggest so..JMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast