Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband

Article about: Hi all, I came across an armband that is darker than usually seen, does anyone have any experience with such an armband / know why it’s darker than usual please? Were these armbands used f

Just one final question if you don’t mind please, do I have to get a cap with the gold chin cord & without the oak leaves for this shirt? The earlier style cap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband
    P
    Many

And I’ve just gone back in my word, I was checking out the new items the dealer I got the coat from added today, and had to put this banner on layaway before someone else got it! I simply couldn’t resist it. Should hopefully have it paid off in a month or so. There wasn’t a photo of the complete flag in its entirety. But I like how it’s separate construction. I will definitely have to ease up on the spending, but every time I look, I see something I ‘need’
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    Just one final question if you don’t mind please, do I have to get a cap with the gold chin cord & without the oak leaves for this shirt? The earlier style cap.
    Yes, a 1938 pattern visor without oak leaves. The photo shows a 1936 pattern with the eagle facing to the right. You need such a visor with the later eagle, which looks to the left again, with yellow chin cord and without oak leaves.

And I’ve just gone back in my word, I was checking out the new items the dealer I got the coat from added today, and had to put this banner on layaway before someone else got it! I simply couldn’t resist it. Should hopefully have it paid off in a month or so. There wasn’t a photo of the complete flag in its entirety. But I like how it’s separate construction. I will definitely have to ease up on the spending, but every time I look, I see something I ‘need’
    Yes, that's a great banner! That's the hobby, it's a lot of fun, but it's also very expensive. That's why years ago I switched to a specific collection area, political leaders of the NSDAP, otherwise it's easy to get bogged down and lose track of things, especially financially. Whereby this collection area is of course already expensive enough.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Yes, a 1938 pattern visor without oak leaves. The photo shows a 1936 pattern with the eagle facing to the right. You need such a visor with the later eagle, which looks to the left again, with yellow chin cord and without oak leaves.
    Sorry, I forgot to upload the Photo!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Perfect, thank you very much. I know of a visor which is in excellent condition with the left facing eagle. It’s not cheap, but the price reflects the condition.
    Once again I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge and assistance provided gentleman. I do not want to take up anymore of your time, you have been more than generous!
    Sammler is been a pleasure as always and Ivbaust I really appreciate your assistance, you’ve not only helped me with the armband but provided me information on my coat that would of taken me some time to find myself.
    The thread started about an armband but covered a few different topics.
    I better take some photographs of the Brown shirt I got from Ratisbon’s and add them to the other thread as I promised TJ I would. I will do that later today.
    Have a nice day gentlemen, and thank you once again.
    Regards
    Liam

Perfect, thank you very much. I know of a visor which is in excellent condition with the left facing eagle. It’s not cheap, but the price reflects the condition.
    Once again I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge and assistance provided gentleman. I do not want to take up anymore of your time, you have been more than generous!
    Sammler is been a pleasure as always and Ivbaust I really appreciate your assistance, you’ve not only helped me with the armband but provided me information on my coat that would of taken me some time to find myself.
    The thread started about an armband but covered a few different topics.
    I better take some photographs of the Brown shirt I got from Ratisbon’s and add them to the other thread as I promised TJ I would. I will do that later today.
    Have a nice day gentlemen, and thank you once again.
    Regards
    Liam
    You're very welcome Liam! I am happy to help when it comes to the topic of the political leaders of the NSDAP. Nothing is more terrifying than a uniform set made up of parts that don't properly go together. I wouldn't have anything like that in my collection either, I want everything to fit together, right down to the awards I put on a uniform.

I didn’t know what area I wanted to focus on when I first started collecting but I have grown an appreciation for Political Leaders items. The more I look I find NSDAP items that I would like to have in my collection. I agree totally if I’m going to have a mannequin I want it period correct otherwise it would irritate me every time I look at it!
    Have a nice day my friend!
    Thanks once again.
    Liam

I didn’t know what area I wanted to focus on when I first started collecting but I have grown an appreciation for Political Leaders items. The more I look I find NSDAP items that I would like to have in my collection. I agree totally if I’m going to have a mannequin I want it period correct otherwise it would irritate me every time I look at it!
    Have a nice day my friend!
    Thanks once again.
    Liam
    That's exactly how I see it too! Especially the small things often make up the overall impression. With the political leaders, it was the case that a mishmash of individual uniform parts was often worn together. This was particularly common around the years 1938-1940, as preserved photos show. There were the most confusing constellations when the tunic was a different pattern than the rank insignia and the visor was a different pattern again. I have a photo in my collection of someone wearing a 1938 pattern brownshirt with a 1939 pattern belt, a 1938 visor with 1939 oak leaves and a 1934 (!) pattern PL eagle pinned on! All this makes this collection area all the more interesting! With this in mind, have a nice weekend too!

That SA Mantel is great looking, congratulations!

As mentioned, shoulder board underlay looks weird color, but I would not worry too much about it.

Mantels are not so popular as they take so much room, but I like those.
    -TJ-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast