Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband

Article about: Hi all, I came across an armband that is darker than usually seen, does anyone have any experience with such an armband / know why it’s darker than usual please? Were these armbands used f

Default Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband

Hi all,

I came across an armband that is darker than usually seen, does anyone have any experience with such an armband / know why it’s darker than usual please?

Were these armbands used for a specific reason or did the manufacturer just use a darker fabric. I can’t find another example the same colour online.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Last edited by 3rdreich; 04-12-2023 at 11:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband
    P
    Many

Red Color is unusual, ideed. Never seen such a piece.

I ordered a second brownshirt but it’s missing a armband, so looking to add one to it.
    It’s not quite as nice as the first one I purchased from Ratisbon’s, but they should display nicely together. Ever since I saw photographs of your NSDAP collection I fell in love with it!
    Im still trying to find a reasonably priced book by Jeff Clarke too, as per your recommendation.
    Decent armbands seem to be selling for almost half the price of a brown shirt these days. I’ve also ordered an SA overcoat this month and a PL belt for my first brownshirt. Was going to add some photographs of it to the other thread I started once my belt has been added to it. Will have to ease off the spending for a month or so now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband   Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

On the upper right is a wool armband, which color is also a little darker than usual. But IMO it’s a period piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Another comparison photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

Armband in full

Thank you!
    I thought it looked period, I was just finding it difficult to find another example the same colour.
    I really appreciate the photographs.
    I could easily find an armband the standard red colour, but for some reason I really like the darker example I found.

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    I ordered a second brownshirt but it’s missing a armband, so looking to add one to it.
    It’s not quite as nice as the first one I purchased from Ratisbon’s, but they should display nicely together. Ever since I saw photographs of your NSDAP collection I fell in love with it!
    Im still trying to find a reasonably priced book by Jeff Clarke too, as per your recommendation.
    Decent armbands seem to be selling for almost half the price of a brown shirt these days. I’ve also ordered an SA overcoat this month and a PL belt for my first brownshirt. Was going to add some photographs of it to the other thread I started once my belt has been added to it. Will have to ease off the spending for a month or so now.
    Brownshirt is a nice period piece, but it has wrong Buttons attached. Since it is a 1938 pattern Blockleiter Brownshirt, you need to add Gold colored PL Eagle Buttons to it. Greatcoat is nice, Gruppe Nordsee or Saxony I guess. I do prefer the brighter linen Armbands.

I don’t think my sewing skills are good enough to change the buttons on the shirt. I will just cover them with a tie and if I find someone professional I will have them replace the buttons.
    In relation to the coat, it was listed as being as ‘Nordmark’ but I don’t think this is the case as Nordmark has black and white piping. So I think your right, it must be Saxony as per the literature.

Dark red Multi piece construction NSDAP armband  

The SA great coat is from the SA Standarte 245, which was located in Borna and belonged to the SA group Sachsen [Saxony]. Therefore the color of the collar tabs is emerald green and the piping green-white.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast