Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband

Article about: Something I just picked up, Apparently these were worn by a Police, of sorts, for the SA (Streifendienst, as I've gathered). I sometimes make these odd pickups, just liked the look and it se

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    There is no standard pattern for these as they were all locally fabricated without any RZM direction
    There was an about official form for these armbands and there was positively an order for them.
    With the date January 23, 1933 Ernst Röhm announced the wearing of these armbands (letter
    OSAF I Nr. 1682/33. Betrifft: Standortführer Berlin und München). The changed order was
    later published in the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung (Nr. 17 from February 1, 1934),
    as well as in the Anzugsordnung für die SA from March 1, 1934 (page 26), where the order was
    extended. Other cities were possible. Often the armbands were not according to the order(s).

Plans existed for this service to introduced a Streifendienst-gorget. A drawings was made (published in
    my book about gorgets (see cover); actual gorgets were not manufactured, as far as is known!

Publication from the Verordnungsblatt der OSAF.

Description as in the Anzugsordnung für die SA.
    Note here the size for the letters is being mentioned.

The official type of armband and its lettering.

The approximate form for the letters from 1935/1936. The armband was not
    included in the 1936 manufacturings-regulations from the RZM. The cuffband
    for honor-names was.

Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband

Variation style of armband as worn by a member from the SA.

The book in which the drawing for the Streifendienst-gorget is published:
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 10-21-2015 at 05:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband
    P
    Many

Some of the NSDAP Streifendienst Ringkragen were produced, but in very, very, limited numbers in 1939 if my memory serves me right. The NSDAP Streifendienst were main duties were to observe the behavior of Political Leaders in uniform, checking ID documents, making sure the badges and awards being worn were truly awarded. Also, PL's were not to be spotted in certain establishments or out after certain hours at night. Basically, they were sort of "MPs" for the Political Leaders.

Marcus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband   Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband  

Attached Images Attached Images Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband 

This is a very late war NSDAP Streifendienst armband from my collection. By this time proprieties had changed. No longer were such unimportant matters an issue with the Streifendienst. They were by now searching out defeatest civilians, HJ and Volkssturm members who refused to fight until the last bullet. Instead of a gorget, they wore an armband, carried Machine Pistols and the hangman's noose. This was particularly true in Berlin, where Goebbels sent his Party Leaders and SA out on the streets because the SS and Wehrmacht Steifen were not enforcing the "last man standing" rules strong enough.

This was a U.S. Vet. bring back item.
    (disregard the SA pin)

Marcus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband   Der Standortführer Starkenburg cufftitle/armband  

I forgot to mention how much I love the "Der Stadortfuehrer Starkenburg" cufftitle that started this thread as well as the period fotos of cuffband in wear! These are very, scarce, and I've only seen around three or four total. I've never seen an example like Bmsmear shows, but I like it. Wilhelm always brings meat to the table, excellent thread on a little known subject.

Marcus

I was not speaking about a Streifendienst gorget for political leaders (the political organization),
    which is a total different subject and meant for another group (and which you do show in the arlier
    posts and is not to be phrased as NSDAP Streifendienst), Marcus!

I was talking about a special form for the SA, which was included in a letter from the RZM from
    June 27, 1936. When they listed the gorgets for political organizations later, the intended gorget was
    no longer included. So, the gorget has nothing to do with later war or Volkssturm. Note that most
    political organizations had their own Streifendienst: HJ, NSKK, SS as well as RAD!

Well Wilhelm, sorry about that mate. I should have read the thread more carefully. I thought that you must have seen the NSDAP gorget before, of course!

Best,

Marcus

Yes, I discuss this in my gorget-book on pages 323 and 324.
    During the prepartions for the book only one such gorget was known about.
    When the book was released two more were shown in forums.
    I do also show three different permits for guys from the political Streifendienst.

I must admit I have never seen such gorget in wear. This is not so strange as
    the political Streifendienst gorget came into being not earlier then late 1939
    and then the war had started. Much duties were taken over by others.

Great thread and information Gents..another great piece of the puzzle
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here the letter from the Reichszeugmeisterei from June 27, 1936 to the Oberste SA-Führung at Munich,
    in relation to which gorgets were worn within the SA, SS and NSKK at that moment. The letter included drawings,
    size 1:1, for the gorgets (letter courtesy Laurens Hessel).

This letter was part of a group of correspondence, found in an archive. One of the letters was extremely interesting. This letter
    from Rudolf Hess from April 12, 1937 mentions already the use of a gorget by the Feldgendarmerie des Heeres.
    Many often think this is a wartime product, but this is not correct (see last lines). (letter courtesy Laurens Hessels).

Both letters, and others are subjects used in my gorget-book!!

This has truly evolved into a very educative thread--- thanks to all, especially Saris for his generous sharing of invaluable in depth knowledge! That gorget book sounds real interesting, I might just put it on my list of books to add!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast