Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fake PL armbands

Article about: On the WAF, rrvroman gave heads up for two new fake PL armbands and I wanted to share it here. Kreisleiter and "Gauleiter", there is no such rank in Gau level than this fake armban

Default Fake PL armbands

On the WAF, rrvroman gave heads up for two new fake PL armbands and I wanted to share it here.

Kreisleiter and "Gauleiter", there is no such rank in Gau level than this fake armband

Kreis

Fake PL armbands Fake PL armbands

Gau

Fake PL armbands
    -TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake PL armbands
    P
    Many

Thanks for this thread TJ! As I've noticed recently, good fakes are coming onto the market more and more. There are numerous clear indications that these two Armbands are Fakes. However, the workmanship is quite good and the inexperienced collector could easily be fooled!

I had focus to it too these start to pop up. Material even looks good what fakers use, like you said, these can easily fool untrained eye
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I had focus to it too these start to pop up. Material even looks good what fakers use, like you said, these can easily fool untrained eye
    A few months ago, Bevo Militaria had an alleged Reichsleiter armband on offer, which was also a very good fake. However, the pip was missing in the center of the swaz and the oak leaves were too small for Reichsleiter. It was more of an armband for " Leiter eines Obersten Amtes in the Reichsleitung". This just by the way. I'm pretty sure the oak leaf border was period. Possibly the red woolen fabric too. Nevertheless, the armband was clearly a repro, which is reflected in the price of - if I remember correctly - €950. An original armband for Leiter eines Obersten Amtes is not only practically impossible to find, but would probably cost around 10,000, since it has been proven that there were only four people who ever held this high position in the Reichsleitung of the NSDAP. What I want to say is that the Fakers are now even using original parts such as red woolen fabric or PL oak leaf borders or even metal cords and grosgrain to make fake armbands out of them. Those original parts are found in tailors hoards f.e.

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Ratisbon’s have been selling original unused cloth..
    A full roll was on eBay.de last year too. I presume whoever bought the material is creating fake armbands.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake PL armbands  

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    Ratisbon’s have been selling original unused cloth..
    A full roll was on eBay.de last year too. I presume whoever bought the material is creating fake armbands.
    Thank you my friend! As I said, period materials keep popping up on the market. I was also lucky enough to purchase a bundle of NSDAP Kreis-level white collar piping a few years ago to use it in the restoration of a PL tunic. Meanwhile I sold most of it. In view of the two armbands here that TJ posted, the woolen fabric might be period. The piping could also be period, a few months ago I saw whole bundles of wine-red Gau Level piping for collar tabs and armbands for sale at a German dealer for instance. What you can say for sure, however, is that the oak leaf border is fake, and the white grosgrain fabric on the disc and the metal cords ain't period as well.

If someone is using the period material for legitimate reasons ie restoring a tunic then it’s a very good thing that it can still be found!
    But when people are scamming others for a quick profit then it can really affect the person who’s been burned!
    I’ve noticed more and more dealers are requesting payment via bank transfer only with a 7 day period to determine if an item is authentic. It’s a nice feeling when you find a dealer who offers a lifetime guarantee on their items.
    I really feel for those who haven’t discovered the forum! There’s so much wisdom and expertise on here.

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    If someone is using the period material for legitimate reasons ie restoring a tunic then it’s a very good thing that it can still be found!
    But when people are scamming others for a quick profit then it can really affect the person who’s been burned!
    I’ve noticed more and more dealers are requesting payment via bank transfer only with a 7 day period to determine if an item is authentic. It’s a nice feeling when you find a dealer who offers a lifetime guarantee on their items.
    I really feel for those who haven’t discovered the forum! There’s so much wisdom and expertise on here.
    Totally agree with you, Mate!

By the way, here you can see my Restoration Project: Restored NSDAP Kreisleiter Tunic

You did a very good job restoring that tunic my friend. I really love your collection. I often look at it on the past threads for inspiration!

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    A few months ago, Bevo Militaria had an alleged Reichsleiter armband on offer, which was also a very good fake. However, the pip was missing in the center of the swaz and the oak leaves were too small for Reichsleiter. It was more of an armband for " Leiter eines Obersten Amtes in the Reichsleitung". This just by the way. I'm pretty sure the oak leaf border was period. Possibly the red woolen fabric too. Nevertheless, the armband was clearly a repro, which is reflected in the price of - if I remember correctly - €950. An original armband for Leiter eines Obersten Amtes is not only practically impossible to find, but would probably cost around 10,000, since it has been proven that there were only four people who ever held this high position in the Reichsleitung of the NSDAP. What I want to say is that the Fakers are now even using original parts such as red woolen fabric or PL oak leaf borders or even metal cords and grosgrain to make fake armbands out of them. Those original parts are found in tailors hoards f.e.
    I remember that armband too, it is well made fake. I wrote the price down and it was €875, just for comparison, Jeff Clark sold one Reichsleitung Obersten-Amtes armband from his personal collection for +4k $.

Bevo

Fake PL armbands

Jeff Clark

Fake PL armbands
    -TJ-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast