Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kyffhauser wool armbands question

Article about: Hello, I obtained these armbands together and they have never been in a collection. All my reference books are combat oriented and I couldn’t find much info on the net. Can anyone explain

?

Default Kyffhauser wool armbands question

Hello, I obtained these armbands together and they have never been in a collection. All my reference books are combat oriented and I couldn’t find much info on the net. Can anyone explain the gold, silver bands? I expect them to mean seniority. I haven’t been able to referance the green chevron. One still has the price tag. Best, Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kyffhauser wool armbands question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kyffhauser wool armbands question
    P
    Many

?

Atleast from what i've read/seen these stripes indicates rank and were used by officers can't comment on which rank the stripe + chevron is but someone else might chime in on that. Wait for someone else to comment to be sure though.

?

Hai!

Hi there,

I think this could help..

The braid [Tresse] stripes were duty position insignia [Dienststellenabzeichen].

The system was rather complex: The braid came in two different colors (silver and gold) and three different widths (9 mm, 16.5 mm and 34 mm), and there were 14 different combinations of these stripes for the various duty positions.

(originally quoted by HLP2008).

Kyffhauserbund armband question

There is some information on the Kyffhäuserbund armbands here too.

DRKB Armband
    Attached Images Attached Images Kyffhauser wool armbands question  Kyffhauser wool armbands question 

?

Hi, thanks for the information. It seems the org. was overly complicated. Best, Bill

As the document says the green chevron is for a shooting instructor within this organization. Looks like there is a period price tag on that example? Do others have tags?

I forgot I had this link saved, it shows a collection of these armbands and has some information on ranks/grades.

Armband Identification Gallery