Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nsdap band late war? & sa band

Article about: Hey y'all! Been years and years since I posted! Well I caught the bug and now I'm back in the hobby! Just came back from a militaria show and got some stuff from a reputable dealer. Just wan

Default Nsdap band late war? & sa band

Hey y'all!
    Been years and years since I posted! Well I caught the bug and now I'm back in the hobby!
    Just came back from a militaria show and got some stuff from a reputable dealer.

Just want to share what I got. He thinks it's a late war since it's dyed but another reputable dealer told me it also can be earlier. It really depends.

Also got this sa band as well!

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap band late war? & sa band
    P
    Many

Both look good to me. The swastika Armband is a late printed Version.

How wide is the printed armband? Either it is unusually wide or the white disk with swaz unusually small. But the distance between white disk and edges of the armband is usually less.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap band late war? & sa band  

Another information. The RZM issued on November 24, 1934 in its bulletin that a ban was enacted for printed armbands and only cotton and wool armbands with sewn own white disks are allowed.

Width of armband: 11 cm
    Width of white disk: 9.5 cm

It is not known if this ban was lifted later. Therefore printed armbands could be early pieces only.

The band is 4 3/4 inches wide. Top is 3/4 inches or so from the white . Bottom is about 1 inches to the white.

I did notice that too. It is off centered.

It feels very thick but not wool. It also has that old musky smell to it.

Thanks again!

Quote by ivbaust View Post
    Another information. The RZM issued on November 24, 1934 in its bulletin that a ban was enacted for printed armbands and only cotton and wool armbands with sewn own white disks are allowed.

Width of armband: 11 cm
    Width of white disk: 9.5 cm

It is not known if this ban was lifted later. Therefore printed armbands could be early pieces only.
    The Ortsgruppe Party stamping is late. Note the last pattern Party Eagle! Show me the rule, I'll show you the exception.

I have these two plain swastika armbands in my collection. It is the three piece sewn version. Both are undoubtedly originals. The lower one has an RZM paper label on it. Width of the Armbands 10.5 cm, width of the discs 9.0 cm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nsdap band late war? & sa band  

Beautiful!
    I definitely need a 3 piece in my collection.
    Just started getting into armbands so I got a lot to learn!

Quote by rusted180 View Post
    Beautiful!
    I definitely need a 3 piece in my collection.
    Just started getting into armbands so I got a lot to learn!
    Thank you! The best swastika Armbands to have are those for Party Leaders 1939 pattern. My latest aquisition is this extremely rare Armband for NSDAP Deputy Gauleiter.

No way! Now that is awesome!
    How did u acquire that? Auction? Or a dealer you frequent?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast