Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Armband

Article about: I ran across this one over the weekend, and as it came in a lot of mostly political items I was surprised that it was quite different from the multiple examples that came together.I am not a

Default Odd Armband

I ran across this one over the weekend, and as it came in a lot of mostly political items I was surprised that it was quite different from the multiple examples that came together.I am not a collector of armbands so I am somewhat skeptical of this style of armband ..No Tag or stampings..Is this item a fantasy piece,or just an oddball? ..It seems like a waste of material for all the embroidery ...Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Armband   Odd Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Armband
    P
    Many

I have one just like it, and it was one of the first Nazi items I got in the early 1960s.

It is quite authentic.

Thank you Friedrich-Berthold, Would it be fair to consider it an earlier item as it is of cotton construction?? I have heard that all early Items were made of wool?? The white stitching on the interior seems very sloppy..so according to many opinions, it cannot be an original piece, as this would be deemed "Poor Quality" by the standards of the time...?
    Your thoughts? Regards,Geoff

I had one of these picked up a local flea market and are very authentic. I traded it for a red illuminated LED watch when they first came out.

My first big collecting mistake.

Nice Find Geoff
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Trust me,I have made my share of mistakes Larry!!... but if you continue to study and learn, your chances are lessened to make those types of mistakes
    Fortunately by becoming a forum member,you have the best minds in the world to learn from!You cannot know everything about everything so I think it is best to find an area of interest and concentrate on that area as opposed to trying to buy everything you can find.Regards,Geoff.

Nice bevo variation. It would not be a fantasy as the design is real. I agree with my colleagues that this is fine. RAM tags can fall of.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As this is not a SS item, I have moved this thread to the NSDAP kampfbinde forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

kc1
    ?

I had one of these picked up a local flea market and are very authentic. I traded it for a red illuminated LED watch when they first came out.

My first big collecting mistake.

These watches have become collectable now in their own right, should you still have it