Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on two NSDAP Kampfbinde please

Article about: Morning guys, A local place has these two Kampfbinde and I would welcome your opinions on whether or not to bother with them? From looking at others on this forum and the net, I was a bit su

Default Opinions on two NSDAP Kampfbinde please

Morning guys,

A local place has these two Kampfbinde and I would welcome your opinions on whether or not to bother with them?

From looking at others on this forum and the net, I was a bit suspicious about the stitching on the back but due to lack of knowledge, I couldn't think of anything else to look for.

There are no tags on the armbands ie RZM or similar but they do feel to be of wool construction and have a couple of ink stamps on them.

Oh, I've just noticed a white bit on the third image, not part of the armband, just a bit of fluff!

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on two NSDAP Kampfbinde please
    P
    Many

I think both of them are reproductions. Materials and construction are not what I would look for IMHO.

Steve

I agree. The bogus stamp on the HJ is a dead giveaway. The construction of the oval on the SS is also a glaring error. Although the pictures are not very detailed, they do not need to be in this case.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The construction of the oval on the SS is also a glaring error.
    Hi Bob,

I understand the white background on an SS kampfbinde should be slightly oval and not perfectly round, is there any thoughts on why this would have been the case? Aesthetics?

I agree. The bogus stamp on the HJ is a dead giveaway. The construction of the oval on the SS is also a glaring error. Although the pictures are not very detailed, they do not need to be in this case.
    As ever, Bob is right. The SS piece is a total mess. Pfui.

SS Kampfbinde (Armband) uniform attached

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hi Bob,

I understand the white background on an SS kampfbinde should be slightly oval and not perfectly round, is there any thoughts on why this would have been the case? Aesthetics?
    I have no idea why they were constructed in that manner. Possibly FB knows the answer to this. The wool examples also have a ribbed white material for the oval.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you Bob. I did note that the above example appears to have a ribbed material for the oval, similar to my example below.

I look forward to any comment from FB or others in regard to the oval shape.

I have no idea why they were constructed in that manner. Possibly FB knows the answer to this. The wool examples also have a ribbed white material for the oval.
    The satin oval or roundel or whatever has been faked since the 1960s. My enclosure here is quite, quite and yet again quite real. I cannot explain its shape, other than the first items in this thread are manifestly fake.
    We have enclosed hundreds of images of authentic SS brassards on this site. Over and over again.

The Kampfbindentuch of the first enclosures is also not at all, that is, the red ground cloth, like an original. Not even close and so on and so forth.

Bob knows these things far better than do I.

Authentic items of this type endured into the 1960s at around ten or fifteen dollars a piece, which was surely rather dear, but they were quite real.
    They were also well copied at that time, but the red textile was the wrong color and it did not have the acrid smell of the original German dye.

The copies have proliferated recently. An obnoxious collector of SS cap insignia tried to screw me with a fake brassard of this type years ago,
    and he reacted very poorly when I instructed him of his malfeasance. Our Dr. CMH is also a fine observer of this regalia, along with Bob.
    All very droll. The brassards are not quite as bad as the cap badges, but they are up there in terms of larceny and mischief.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast