Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PLEASE HELP me with this armband....

Article about: Can anyone please help me to authenticate this armband? It looks good to me, but, I'm not an expert. Swaz looks good. Stitching looks good, front and back. And, tag looks like it belongs. I

RMD
    ?

Default PLEASE HELP me with this armband....

Can anyone please help me to authenticate this armband? It looks good to me, but, I'm not an expert. Swaz looks good. Stitching looks good, front and back. And, tag looks like it belongs. I learned everything I know so far from being a member here. Including, the RZM tag has a D, indicating Wool Picked that up from reading replies to past threads

.. I believe this to be an authentic armband, at a reasonable price.

Thank you for your patience with my limited, but growing knowledge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks' again for the help....... ....... ..... . .

PLEASE HELP me with this armband....PLEASE HELP me with this armband....PLEASE HELP me with this armband....
    Last edited by RMD; 04-23-2019 at 07:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PLEASE HELP me with this armband....
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Forgot to mention.. Just back from work, going to catch a few hours sleep. So, if I don't immediately reply, this is the reason. Will check back once again conscious.

... Thanks' again

RMD
    ?

Giving myself a bump, hoping that some of the local pro's see the thread.

..... Thanks'

Hi Robbie,
    This is mine in comparison Opinions on NSDAP wool armband , the roundel (white circle) looks to be smooth instead of ribbed & the swaz on your example is slightly different in comparison to the ribbing of the materiel, the label's font is different too (which I have seen on the forum), so maybe an unissued, late 1930s example ? A UV light will exclude man-made fibres & the 'smell test' will also indicate age, hope this helps.
    Regards
    Paul

RMD
    ?

Thanks' Paul, really appreciate the response.

... Yes, the guy has a few of these, all unissued, this is why the back is not sewn together. These were never issued. But yes, I now see exactly what you mean by the smooth white disc. That escaped me at first. I was looking at the red material, the stitching, and the Swaz. / Thanks' again for your observations.

Take care my friend

....... Last question. Would you feel comfortable buying this?
    Last edited by RMD; 05-11-2019 at 11:34 PM.

RMD
    ?

Wow, just found out that someone that I have learned a great deal from, reading through many threads, is no longer with us. I had no idea. Never personally spoke to the man, but could see that he was extremely knowledgeable, and from what I could see, friendly as well. I meant no disrespect in casually mentioning his name before, was trying to show my gratitude and pay a sincere compliment. I had no idea of the situation, and have edited my posts to reflect this sad news.

CBH
    ?

Yes the immemorial members are gone but not forgotten, and their contributions will continue to educate for years to come.
    I'm also glad to read you are going to join the gold club, it helps to keep this fine forum going, and their memories alive.

I would feel comfortable buying this, going by it's construction, but would like to have in hand also to carry out the checks I already mentioned. Check that you can return it if need be, for peace of mind though.Good luck mate !
    Paul

RMD
    ?

Thanks' again Paul1970! I really do appreciate all your responses. That armband of yours that you linked me is amazing! Must be very happy to have it in your collection.

..... Last note / Until you pointed it out, I didn't notice that the white roundel was solid in these photos above, and that concerned me because I couldn't understand how I hadn't seen that. Turns out, it's just the way it looks in the transfer, that's why it wasn't on my mind. The original photo shows the roundel as having ribbing, but for some reason when I copied the picture, uploaded it here and then posted, it brightened? Anyway, that's why the ribbing is not showing up here.

Thanks' for pointing that out. Made me question my judgment and go back to the original to take a second look. Always a good thing.

Take care.