Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake NSDAP armband?

Article about: Hi folks, I just purchased this WWII armband yesterday at a gunshow in Switzerland and, now (I know it's a bit late...) I'm wondering if it is actually real or not. I had purchased an obviou

Default Real or fake NSDAP armband?

Hi folks,

I just purchased this WWII armband yesterday at a gunshow in Switzerland and, now (I know it's a bit late...) I'm wondering if it is actually real or not. I had purchased an obvious fake one before and it was dirt cheap. It wasn't even meant to look real. This one IS meant to be the real thing. But I'm having second thoughts... What do you think? Any idea? I'm totally new at this so this might be obvious to the experts on this forum...

Thanks!

Front side

Stamp

Front border

Back

More back

Inside

More inside

Last one inside, no flash

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake NSDAP armband?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or fake NSDAP armband?

From the posted images, I would have doubts due to the crude sewing, The eigentum stamp is also odd.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Yeah, I don't understand the stamp either. Would a black light test be useful you think?

Black light is an aide but nothing positive anymore. The fakers have learned to construct items from older matrial that does not glow. Period armbands can have a property stamp. The one on this armband is an odd stamping for an eigentum stamp. Some early armbands that are home made can be sloppy in consturction. They are very difficult to verify without solid provenance.
    BOB

The armband itself looks to be consistent with the period, but as Bob said the atrocious stitching method used on the rondal makes it appear to be an unverifiable homemade piece.

Jay

I ask myself, if anyone would use an Eigentums-Stamp direct onto the swastika. I dont think so. In the back yes, but never in front. Maybe this is only stamped to proof a fake as an original. I dont know but i wouldnt buy it

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    I ask myself, if anyone would use an Eigentums-Stamp direct onto the swastika. I dont think so. In the back yes, but never in front. Maybe this is only stamped to proof a fake as an original. I dont know but i wouldnt buy it
    The location for the eigentum stamp is proper. I have seen many unquestionable examples going back to the mid 1950's.
    BOB