Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?

Article about: I have found these two kampfbindes and I am wondering if they are originals? They are listed on a site that offers full refunds for any reason and it is a site recommended by at least one me

Default SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?

I have found these two kampfbindes and I am wondering if they are originals? They are listed on a site that offers full refunds for any reason and it is a site recommended by at least one member in an old thread. Thoughts on these armbands?SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Hey there Captain. Hope all is well.

.. I have been studying more along the lines of regular NSDAP armbands, wool and cotton, as opposed to reserve and SS. In my opinion, both of your armbands look good. Notice the zig-zag pattern >>>>>> on the SS band? I have seen this type of material on very early political leaders Armbands. So, in my opinion, the SS band is an early one. Also, the tag looks correct, B for cotton. Though, I could be wrong about it being early made, because I believe the early bands had a cloth tag????

As far as the Reserve, I'm not really sure about the material used for the two stripes, upper and lower. It looks good to me. Also, the ribbed swastika looks fine to me.

... My only concern is the roundel for the SS. Both roundels appear the same. I would expect the SS one to be wider, egg shaped if you will, and the Reserve to be as it is, circular.

Again, I am not an expert at all. Still learning. But, in my opinion, I would be happy with having these two in my small but growing collection.. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along to give you an absolute answer.

Hope this helped a bit.

Take care

RMD
    ?

P.S....

I went to go find you some authentic armband pictures to compare, and behold, I found the exact ones you have listed here

So, I can say that this dealer that you are thinking about buying from, is recommended from others on this forum, and he really seems to know his stuff. And yes, as you said, he guarantees his sales.

So, I think that you are in good hands.

I was just looking at that Reserve armband the other day But, I'm more of your standard SA, cotton, wool armband kind of guy

Take care. And, good luck

Quote by RMD View Post
    P.S....

I went to go find you some authentic armband pictures to compare, and behold, I found the exact ones you have listed here

So, I can say that this dealer that you are thinking about buying from, is recommended from others on this forum, and he really seems to know his stuff. And yes, as you said, he guarantees his sales.

So, I think that you are in good hands.

I was just looking at that reserve armband the other day But, I'm more of your standard SA, cotton, wool armband kind of guy

Take care. And, good luck
    Thank you so much for your insight. Like you, I am very interested in armbands and so far, that's the focus of my collection so I will definitely be sending you some private messages to pick your brain!

RMD
    ?

Always good to meet another armband guy

.. Yes, PM me anytime. Any knowledge that I have picked up, I'm happy to share. Also, this site is a great place. If you find that you like it here, think about joining, only $25 a year! I have been visiting here for a long time, but at last just joined today

I am presently waiting on a beautiful cotton, ribbed swastika, with RZM tag NSDAP armband to arrive. Very happy about that

Glad to meet you. Take care, and GOOD LUCK with your collecting!

Quote by RMD View Post
    Always good to meet another armband guy

.. Yes, PM me anytime. Any knowledge that I have picked up, I'm happy to share. Also, this site is a great place. If you find that you like it here, think about joining, only $25 a year! I have been visiting here for a long time, but at last just joined today

I am presently waiting on a beautiful cotton, ribbed swastika, with RZM tag NSDAP armband to arrive. Very happy about that

Glad to meet you. Take care, and GOOD LUCK with your collecting!
    Can you send me a PM? Question for you but there is no option to pm you when I click on your profile. Thanks

RMD
    ?

Jeez, I'm surprised that no one else has given their opinion on these two bands yet / ????

Neither of these are original IMO. The SS is not wool, but cotton. Cotton should not have an RZM tag, as these were made and used pre RZM on brownshirts. The SA Reserve uses ribbed material for the swastika, which is only used on wool bands. It is also cotton.

RMD
    ?

Hey there, all1knew. I appreciate you taking the time to comment and give your opinions. It's how we all learn from each other.

.. But, really, I must disagree on a few things. Firstly, the SS used both paper and material RZM tags for their wool and cotton armbands. I'm not positive, but I believe it went in the order of, first they used paper tags, then material, and then went back to paper.

Secondly, while the standard cotton NSDAP-SA armbands do in-fact display swastikas produced from non-ribbed material, there are indeed variants that have the ribbed material used for construction. I just purchased one recently and received it in the mail yesterday.

................. Anyway, I appreciate your comments and input. I included a photo of a material SS tag, and a photo of my new cotton armband with ribbed Swaz..

Take care.

SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?SS wool kampfbinde & Reserve SA kampfbinde, authentic?

Quote by RMD View Post
    But, really, I must disagree on a few things. Firstly, the SS used both paper and material RZM tags for their wool and cotton armbands. I'm not positive, but I believe it went in the order of, first they used paper tags, then material, and then went back to paper.
    Cotton SS armbands were pre RZM manufacture, and should not be marked by the RZM in general. Only wool bands are marked as such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast