Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Blood order medal

Article about: Hi , May I have your opinion please ? I have some doubts and I prefer to ask you first before to pull the trigger... Seller said that the case is for the first pattern medal . Thank You in a

?

Default Blood order medal

Hi ,
    May I have your opinion please ? I have some doubts and I prefer to ask you first before to pull the trigger... Seller said that the case is for the first pattern medal .
    Thank You in advance.
    notton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blood order medal   Blood order medal  

Blood order medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blood order medal
    P
    Many

I’m sorry for the bad news but all 3 items are fake- ribbon, case, medal.

Hi Jon
    A few reasons why this is fake or links to other threads to show the differences would help support this thread

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The font is not correct on the medal..
    Suspension ring wrong..
    Lack of details overall..

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    The font is not correct on the medal..
    Suspension ring wrong..
    Lack of details overall..
    That's more like it !! Thanks LTC.
    D.

Thanks Ulle. I've been reading about these medals recently, quite rare indeed.
    Nick

Indeed rare!

Picture nr 3:
    NSDAP Blood Order - March 1934
    Type 1 - 1500 Awarded

Picture nr 1:
    NSDAP Blood Order - May 1938
    Type 2 - Several thousand Awarded

Picture nr 2:
    NSDAP Blood Order and Ribbon assembled for wear
    on the right breast pocket flap

?

Thank You so much Gentlemen for your responses . I was about to pull the trigger and so you avoided me to make an expensive big mistake of 4200Euros . I have been looking for a Blutorden medal for a long time and I need to study them more seriously .
    Thank You again , Notton

They are good copies. Ribbon red section too wide, border colours not in the correct proportions. Case has been artificially aged, inside material too dark and does not look correct either, gold lettering and border has slight differences to original examples. Leather material is not consistent with original examples. Medal eagle feathering all wrong, border of the medal too thin in areas such as at the top, lions feature over worked mains, issue numbering sloppy this did not tend to happen, theee is just a lot wrong from these bad photos.
    I collect these virtually solely and have studied them for nearly 20 years now.

I saw this fake BO 3424 in a fake case on various shows and internet websites. A Russian living in France was trying to sell it and it was also offered for sale by a dubious dealer called Wewelsburg Militaria (the website is probably run by this russian).
    Wewelsburg Militaria - Accueil
    Last year I wrote to the dealer to inform him the set is a bad fake, he never replied and it was still available on the website. Now I notice it's not on the website anymore. Maybe someone got burnt …