Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen. Please, need opinion.

Article about: Hello friends. Badge GAU1923. This badge has no enamel. What is the value of this badge without enamel? I mean not the price on the market today, but the historical in value. As far as I und

?

Default GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen. Please, need opinion.

Hello friends.

Badge GAU1923. This badge has no enamel. What is the value of this badge without enamel? I mean not the price on the market today, but the historical in value. As far as I understand, the badges were with and without enamel. Without enamel, the badge look ugly Is it a good idea to buy a badge without enamel? The badge is expensive, and I will not buy two for my collection. Or am I mistaken and the enamel was lost and the badge was covered with paint after the war?

With Regards.
    Mig

GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen.  Please, need opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen.  Please, need opinion.
    P
    Many

These badges came in an enameled and a lacquered version. I also own a lacquered Badge '1925'. The piece shown here is an authentic piece IMO. Difficult to say which version is more valuable. However, it seems to me that the lacquered version is a little less common than the enamelled one. But that's just my personal impression and I could be wrong.

?

how many years / dates of the GAU badge were produced. was it authorized for war time wear? just courious. thanks' in advance.

Quote by toot View Post
    how many years / dates of the GAU badge were produced. was it authorized for war time wear? just courious. thanks' in advance.
    Around 1933, some Gauleiters donated a traditional Gau badge for NSDAP members who had belonged to the party since 1923 or 1925. These included the Gau of Saxony, the Gau of Bavarian Ostmark, the Gau of Franconia, the Gau of Halle-Merseburg, the Gau of Hesse-Nassau, the Gau of Magdeburg-Anhalt and the Gau of Mecklenburg-Lübeck. The badge of honor was first awarded in Saxony. The other districts introduced the badge a little later, based on the same model. Membership in the NSDAP before November 9, 1923 was a prerequisite for the badge with the year 1923. Since the re-establishment on February 27, 1925, proven membership has been a prerequisite for the badge with the year 1925. Only either this badge or the GPB could be worn, but not both at the same time. It was allowed to be worn throughout the time of the TR, even by soldiers.

?

WOW! thank you so much for that history lesion on the GAU. badge. so I take away from it that it was a coveted badge of pride for the wearer?

Quote by toot View Post
    WOW! thank you so much for that history lesion on the GAU. badge. so I take away from it that it was a coveted badge of pride for the wearer?
    Of course, it was a coveted badge of the NSDAP, which had the same status as the golden party badge.

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    These badges came in an enameled and a lacquered version. I also own a lacquered Badge '1925'. The piece shown here is an authentic piece IMO. Difficult to say which version is more valuable. However, it seems to me that the lacquered version is a little less common than the enamelled one. But that's just my personal impression and I could be wrong.
    My friend, thanks for your reply. I don't like the fact that the numbers 1923 were covered in paint? If we accept that, then the numbers were not visible - it's no reason towhere that badge. What's the point of this badge if the numbers 1923 can't be seen? Maybe you saw the photos of that badge?

It's very strange to see that

?

I did not know that it was in the class as the golden party badge. that it is a highly coveted badge / award. again thank you for the responce.

?

I found one more. As the seller said with original box.
    The numbers is ok.
    Anyway this badge has paint over the numbers

NSDAP General Honor GAU Badge 1923

And of course my friend NSDAP Sammler is right when he says that the GAU and GPB badges were not allowed to be worn together. This rule was violated by many people

He loved much badges )))))))))

Last edited by MigMig; 12-09-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Quote by MigMig View Post
    My friend, thanks for your reply. I don't like the fact that the numbers 1923 were covered in paint? If we accept that, then the numbers were not visible - it's no reason towhere that badge. What's the point of this badge if the numbers 1923 can't be seen? Maybe you saw the photos of that badge?

It's very strange to see that
    The overpainted numbers are completely normal. The edge of the Swaz is also often painted over. In part, however, this is also the silver patina and not the black lacquer. On my badge you can see small remains of paint, especially on the 1 and the 9. As for the question of regulations, there have of course been cases where high-ranking personalities of the TR have violated these regulations.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GAU 1923 Parteiabzeichen.  Please, need opinion.  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast