Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Gold party badge for authentication.

Article about: Hello guys, I looked at a gold party badge at the local flea market this past weekend. Seller wants 00 for it which from what I have seen and read, that's about right. Can you folks please t

Default Gold party badge for authentication.

Hello guys, I looked at a gold party badge at the local flea market this past weekend. Seller wants 1k for it which from what I have seen and read, that's about right. Can you folks please tell me whether this is the real thing or not. I don't ask for anyone to value it as I know a thing's value is what another man will pay for it. Pics below. Thank you all for your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold party badge for authentication.   Gold party badge for authentication.  

Gold party badge for authentication.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold party badge for authentication.
    P
    Many

Take a look and see what you think. Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP - 30.5mm Version
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Based on the info you posted in link I think it looks good. Link says that they often had a hole in the back for gas to escape during welding process. Says the original pins often broke off and had to be replaced. This one was replaced and the original pin attachment seems to be the same shape as the one in the pictures on link. The number looks to be straight and uniform, not skewed in any way. All letters and swas on obverse are edged in silver. The wreath is highly defined with sharp edges etc. The o in SOZIALISTISCHE is perfectly round (or close) and the dash between NATIONAL and SOZIALISTISCHE overlaps the L. I think it's right. Did I pass? Or did I miss something obvious? Thanks for the info wagriff.

I would add,however...that the repaired pin may alter the value. It may or may Not be period repaired, but in any case, I would not pay full market value for a repaired piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good point. I already planned to make a lower offer just out of flea market principle but that's good arguing point. Thanks for taking me by the hand and helping me to learn for myself. I was already sure about it but with that kind of money on the line, I like to have a second opinion. Thanks man.

Agree it's a good one.

The obverse looks pretty nice and clean--- pretty good condition if you disregard the replaced attachment. That said, in this state it's far from hard to find one of these... I feel this and the attachment issue warrants at least a few hundred off--- good luck!

I too agree that this is an original large Deschler badge.

Br. James