Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick

Article about: Hi..thought I'd share this latest acquisition, large Deschler Private purchase Golden Party badge Screwback threaded post which myself and several other guys that know these badges believe w

Default Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick

Hi..thought I'd share this latest acquisition, large Deschler Private purchase Golden Party badge
    Screwback threaded post which myself and several other guys that know these badges believe was factory fitted not a repair, although it has the recess for pin, it's never been fitted with a back plate, the solder appears to have had a gold wash over it , now tarnished and there's traces of gilt on the post..one side of the disc is bright gold with 8 -36 written on it, other side as on image is tarnished.
    I showed the badge with the numbers censored to the GPB guys so I'd get an honest opinion on the badge itself
    Without the numbers being a distraction
    Came with a signed photo of Frick which I can't upload
    It's been posted on the other forum with rather good comments, it could have been 1 of the lot of items removed from Fricks home in 1945..The US soldier who found the items, Richard Roberts, from Columbus, Ohio, was a member of the CIC (Counter Intelligence Corps).
    He was from the same neck of woods as family I purchased item from, so unfortunately no real back story just yet..I've contacted the Motts Military Museum as they have Fricks tunic and other stuff I believe from the home..I heard last night his Blood Order was found in the USA also..
    As there's numerous photos of Frick wearing different uniforms , I think it's obvious he would have had several badges made , in 1 photo at least his GPB appears flush with his tunic and other photos there's a definite gap between the back of badge and his uniform
    Cheers
    Fraser

Ps..there are a few images online which show screwback and buttonhole fitting Golden Party Badges from the Deschler factory where the soldering is rather poor connecting attachments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick   Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick  

Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick   Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick  

Last edited by fritztk; 10-05-2023 at 08:45 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick
    P
    Many

Default Golden Party badge

Solder work
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick  

Reverse of other Deschlers
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's sure is nice badge
    -TJ-

Thank you..I'm very happy with it

No wonder, such a nice piece and interesting character owned it

Congratulations to get that to your collection

I think too Frick must had been owned several of these badges for different uniforms. It would be nice to know if other badges survived
    -TJ-

If you look online there's at least 5 different uniform images of him wearing a GPB..you can definitely see a gap on some images between badge and uniform which I think is indicative of a pin back, on 2 images, a GPB is flush against uniform, which I think is more becoming of a screwback fitting..just my 2 Pfennigs lol

Here few photos of Wilhelm Frick with his GPB. On the last photos it looks like he wears BPG with screwback.

courtesy Oakleafmilitaria, alexautographs, Jeff Clark

Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick

Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick

Golden Party badge of Wilhelm Frick
    -TJ-

I have these images also
    And I agree 2 photos look like screwback fitting
    Thank you

Fritztk

The Goldenes Ehrenzeichen you show is an incredible piece with immense significance to the importance of the leadership of the NSDAP and our collecting interest. With that, you know yours truly, along with the many members here, will ask for much better photos to view such a wonderful piece. Afterall, this Alter Kampfer, would've had his badge(s) before the vast majority of Germans, multiple years before many, and wore it proudly as evidenced in the accompanied photos you supplied.

With all due respect, this is a very, very important piece that belonged to a very important man, within his government and our collecting interest. These photos just do not suffice to show the piece's beauty, or detail, and if there are to be no questions about authenticity. If this was my badge, I would want no questions regarding a piece that will demand a large sum of money. I know you said you covered the Party Membership number and had the GPB guys look at it and they liked it. Those GPB guys must have had much better photos than these because these photos bring more questions than answers to any seasoned Party Badge collector. And with such a significant piece, I'd be screaming the GPB guys names in elation but they are omitted in your post. I'm certainly not trying to question the authenticity of your shown badge and I'm sure you would want there to be no questions whatsoever, either. So, here goes it.

Based on these photos alone, I have several questions, if I may ask. I think you are "showing" us the badge and not asking us about, or for, the badge's authenticity. If you don't want any questions, that's fine, enjoy your badge and I will have no further comment besides that there are questions. But, with such an historical piece, it's compelling to ask questions because you have posted the badge on a public forum. Again, based on the photos..... I have to ask the following;

1, Compared to the GPB pictured in the photo with your badge, your badge appears a bit copper-colored to me, is it actually off colored or is that the photo?
    2, The oak leaves have an odd look to me, almost as if they are cast. Again, based on what I see in the poor photos.
    3, Was this badge worn, it appears to not have been? There are no wear marks or pattern at all, in these pictures. He was among the first to receive his badges.
    4, Deschler's "1" has more a an up-curve on their badges and again, these photos, leave questions to this Party Badge guy.
    5, The attachment post looks unused with maybe a bit of verdigris or dirt, that should not be for a worn piece.

I think detailed photos may answer these and all questions. Until there are high quality photos, I can't see what there would be to discuss.

Greenhorn
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast